MLB Picks: Los Angeles Angels vs New York Yankees
Starting Pitchers: Los Angeles (Weaver) vs. New York (Nova)
Date/Time: July 15, 1:05 P.M. EST
MLB Odds from Bookmaker
Moneyline: New York (-130) Los Angeles (+110)
MLB Betting Game Trends
Los Angeles Angels
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of LA Angels’s last 15 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Angels’s last 5 games
- LA Angels are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games on the road
- LA Angels are 16-7 SU in their last 23 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of LA Angels’s last 11 games on the road
New York Yankees
- NY Yankees are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 7 games at home
- NY Yankees are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games when playing LA Angels
The Los Angeles Angels built lots of momentum going into the All-Star break, but the New York Yankees have taken the first two games of this three-game set from the Angels. The Yankees have extended their record to an impressive 54-33, which is the best mark in the majors. Can the Angels salvage a game from this series with Ace Jered Weaver on the mound Sunday afternoon?
Jered Weaver is 10-1 with a 1.96 ERA this year. While he hasn’t gotten the hype that a Justin Verlander has, you could make a good argument that Weaver has been baseball’s best pitcher so far this season. Weaver has given up just one run combined in his last four starts. In his last start before the break he pitched eight scoreless innings, allowing only three hits. The Angels have the seventh best team ERA in the majors at 3.67.
Mike Trout has been an amazing addition to this Angels lineup this season. Trout is hitting nearly .350 on the year, and he has 28 stolen bases from his leadoff spot. He has absolutely been the spark that this offense needed. Mark Trumbo is batting .305 with 23 homers and 60 RBI’s. Albert Pujols started the season slowly, but he has his average up to .268. Overall, the Angels average 4.39 runs per game. The team has struggled with runners in scoring position, and that is something that must improve if they are going to make the postseason.
The New York Yankees have had quite a few injury problems this year, but the team continues to play great baseball. The Yankees have been scorching hot over the past month. The AL East was a three-team race a few weeks ago, and now the Yankees have a commanding 8.5 game lead. While the offense gets most of the credit, it has been the improvement in pitching that has propelled this team forward over the past month. Ivan Nova leads the team with 10 wins already this year. Nova is 10-3 with a 3.92 ERA this season. Rafael Soriano has done a brilliant job handling the closer duties with Mariano Rivera out with an injury.
Offensively, the Yankees lead the majors with 138 home runs. Almost everyone in this lineup is a home run hitter. Derek Jeter is hitting .311 from the leadoff spot, and that has set the table for many big innings for the Yankees this year. Robinson Cano has been red hot over the last two months. Cano leads the team with a .315 batting average. Curtis Granderson and Mark Teixeira have subpar averages this year, but both of them have great power numbers. This is an extremely dangerous lineup.
MLB Free Pick: Angels ML
Jered Weaver is one of the top three pitchers in the game today, so getting him at plus money is tough to pass up. The Angels are 4-0 in Weaver’s last 4 starts against the Yankees.
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Basketball Pick: Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Penn State Nittany Lions - February 27, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Cal Golden Bears vs. Arizona Wildcats - February 26, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Florida Gators vs. Vanderbilt Commodores - February 25, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Louisville vs. Cincinnati - February 22, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Michigan State Spartans vs. Purdue Boilermakers - February 20, 2014