Los Angeles Clippers vs. Dallas Mavericks Pick
Date/Time: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:30 pm EST
Basketball Odds from WagerWeb
Point Spread: Clippers -1
NBA Betting Trends
Los Angeles Clippers
- Clippers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a losing S.U. record.
- Clippers are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games following a ATS loss.
- Clippers are 10-3 ATS in their last 13 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Clippers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 road games.
- Clippers are 25-12 ATS in their last 37 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Mavericks are 18-4 ATS in their last 22 games following a ATS loss.
- Mavericks are 15-5-1 ATS in their last 21 Tuesday games.
- Mavericks are 18-6 ATS in their last 24 vs. Western Conference.
- Mavericks are 14-5 ATS in their last 19 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Mavericks are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
The Dallas Mavericks are only two games behind the Los Angeles Lakers for the eighth spot in the Western Conference standings. They have won 7 of their last 10 games, but time is running out on them in their quest to get into the playoffs. The Los Angeles Clippers are fourth in the standings, but they are in a three-way battle for third with Denver and Memphis. TNT will televise this key Western Conference battle on Tuesday night.
Los Angeles had been firmly in the third spot in the West, but Denver and Memphis have both been red hot of late. The Clippers are 48-22 on the year, and they have looked like a real contender all season. Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are consistently very good, but it has been the emergence of some of the other guys on the Clippers roster that has made this team so much better than last season. Jamal Crawford and Matt Barnes were both big pickups in the offseason. Lamar Odom disappointed for much of the year, but he is slowly rounding into form as the season moves on.
As a team the Clippers are shooting 47.7 percent from the floor, which is fifth in the NBA. Los Angeles is putting up 100.8 points per game for the season. This offense is much better when they are getting to the rim instead of settling for outside shots. Vinny Del Negro has talked about the team’s need to improve on the defensive end of late. Opponents are averaging 44.1 percent from the floor.
The Dallas Mavericks have had to fight through a lot of injuries this season, but they are still in position to get into the playoffs if they can get on a hot streak between now and the end of the year. Dirk Nowitzki is starting to look a lot more like his old self after missing the first couple months of the year and looking subpar for a month or two more. O.J. Mayo has had a breakout season for the Mavericks. Mayo is averaging 16.5 points per game, and he is shooting better than 42 percent from long range. The Mavericks have three regular starters (Nowitzki, Mayo, and Vince Carter) who are shooting above 40 percent from three-point range.
Darren Collison has done a really nice job at the point guard spot for the Mavericks this year. This was a real question mark for the Mavericks heading into the season, but Collison has really shored up the backcourt for Dallas. The Mavericks have made a concerted effort to get out in transition and try to put up big offensive numbers this year. Why is Dallas hovering just below .500 at 34-36? The Mavericks are giving up 102.3 points per game this year. Defensively, they have to get better down the stretch.
Free Pick: Mavericks -1
Dallas needs this game badly, and they generally play very well at home. The Clippers have been a little shaky of late. I think Dallas takes this one.
Dallas 102 Los Angeles 99
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/17 and 4/18 - April 19, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/14 and 4/15 - April 14, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/10 and 4/11 - April 10, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/7 - April 7, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting April 4 - April 4, 2014