Los Angeles Clippers vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Miami Heat NBA Picks
Date/Time: Friday, Feb.8, 8 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet Sports
Point Spread: Heat -11.5
NBA Betting Trends
Los Angeles Clippers
- LA Clippers are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games
- LA Clippers are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games on the road
- LA Clippers are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of the LA Clippers last 13 games when playing Miami
- LA Clippers are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games when playing Miami
- LA Clippers are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games when playing on the road against Miami
- Miami is 6-2 SU in their last 8 games when playing at home against LA Clippers
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Miami’s last 9 games when playing at home against LA Clippers
- Miami is 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games when playing LA Clippers
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Miami’s last 13 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Miami’s last 13 games when playing LA Clippers
The Clippers have been treading water during their current eight-game road trip with a 2-3 record in the first five games. This is actually an impressive performance considering that Chris Paul continues to recover from a bruised knee cap and Blake Griffin has missed the last two games due to a strained hamstring. Both players remain questionable for Friday night’s game. LA is now 3-7 both straight-up and against the spread in its last 10 games. During its recent slide, this team has scored over 100 points in just two of the ten games while giving-up an average of 96 points a game to its opponents.
If the Clippers have to go into American Airlines Arena to try and beat Miami without their top two players it would be a tall task to say the least. Given the current situation, the final line for this game will not be released until both Paul’s and Griffin’s playing status has been determined so be sure to keep a close eye on the final spread.
Miami has to be thrilled to be back home after playing 10 of 12 games on the road. It extended its home winning streak to five games with back-to-back victories over Charlotte and Houston since returning from that extended trip. The Heat are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games but an even 5-5 ATS. The total has stayed UNDER in three of their last five games.
LeBron James continues to prove that he is a true league MVP with 26.8 points, 8.2 rebounds, 7.0 assists and 1.6 steals, which are all team highs. Miami is ranked fifth in the NBA in scoring with an average of 102.5 points while shooting 49 percent from the field. The Heat have been almost unbeatable at home this season with a 20-3 record SU but they are just 12-11 ATS. The total has gone OVER in three of their last four home games.
If Paul and Griffin remain out of the lineup as expected, this game could get ugly fast as Miami has regained its form that took the team all the way to an NBA title last season. As long as the spread does not grow wider than the 11.5 points, stick with the Heat to cover in a lopsided win at home. Miami 104 Los Angeles 92
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013