Los Angeles Dodgers at Philadelphia Phillies Pick
Starting Pitchers: Philadelphia (Cole Hamels) vs. Los Angeles (Aaron Harang)
Date/Time: June 7, 1:05 P.M. EST
Television: MLB Network
MLB Betting Odds from 5Dimes
Moneyline: Philadelphia (-174), Los Angeles (+167)
MLB Betting Game Trends
Los Angeles Dodgers
- LA Dodgers are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games
- LA Dodgers are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Dodgers’s last 6 games when playing Philadelphia
- LA Dodgers are 6-12 SU in their last 18 games when playing Philadelphia
- LA Dodgers are 7-14 SU in their last 21 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia
- Philadelphia is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Philadelphia’s last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 6 games at home
- Philadelphia is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 6 games when playing LA Dodgers
The Philadelphia Phillies will try to avoid suffering a four-game sweep at the hands of the Los Angeles Dodgers at home on Thursday. The Phillies (28-30) are coming off a tough 6-5 loss to the Dodgers (36-21) on Wednesday, their third straight game that has been decided by one run. They have dropped five in a row overall, with all of them coming at Citizens Bank Park.
Philadelphia’s Cole Hamels (8-2, 2.81 ERA) has been rumored to be heading to the Dodgers in potential trade scenarios over the past year, and they would certainly welcome him with open arms considering his past success against them. Hamels is a perfect 3-0 in five career starts vs. LA to go along with a sparkling 1.18 ERA.
The lanky lefty from San Diego is also 4-2 in six home starts this season with a 3.07 ERA, although he is coming off his first loss in 10 outings against the Miami Marlins last Saturday. Hamels surrendered a season-high five runs and seven hits – including two home runs – to the Marlins with two walks and eight strikeouts. The Phillies had won each of his previous nine starts following a 6-2 loss to Miami in his first outing of the year back on April 9.
Meanwhile, Aaron Harang (4-3, 3.90) will take the hill for the Dodgers looking to win consecutive starts for only the second time this season. The big righty who is also from San Diego has gone 3-2 lifetime against Philadelphia in 12 career outings with an inflated 5.29 ERA. He is coming off one of his better starts of the season on the road against the Colorado Rockies last Saturday, allowing one run and four hits in six innings with three walks and six strikeouts.
Harang is 3-2 in seven road outings overall with a 4.35 ERA, but Los Angeles has won each of his last three. The lone loss he has suffered since April 30 saw him give up one earned run in five innings of a 3-2 home loss to the Milwaukee Brewers on May 28. That was a solo homer from Milwaukee third baseman Aramis Ramirez while the other two runs were scored by the Brewers on a throwing error by Harang.
With two solid pitchers on the mound, a low-scoring game should be expected. The UNDER has cashed in Harang’s last two starts along with seven of his past nine. Look for those trends to continue here.
Free MLB Pick: UNDER 7.5
Latest posts by Cole Ryan (see all)
- 2014 NBA Playoffs Preview: No. 3 Toronto Raptors vs. No. 6 Brooklyn Nets - April 19, 2014
- NHL Playoffs Pick: Los Angeles Kings vs San Jose Sharks - April 17, 2014
- MLB Betting: St Louis Cardinals vs Washington Nationals - April 17, 2014
- 2014 College Football Dark Horses: 3 Teams That Will Crash the Polls This Season - April 17, 2014
- MLB Picks of the Day: April 16th - April 16, 2014