Date/Time: Tuesday, March 5, 9:30 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Oklahoma City -8.5
NBA Betting Trends
Los Angeles Lakers
- LA Lakers are 3-7-1 ATS in their last 11 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
- LA Lakers are 2-3-1 ATS in their last 6 games when playing Oklahoma City
- LA Lakers are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of the LA Lakers last 6 games when playing Oklahoma City
- LA Lakers are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City Thunder
- Oklahoma City is 5-0 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against LA Lakers
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oklahoma City’s last 6 games when playing LA Lakers
- Oklahoma City is 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing LA Lakers
- Oklahoma City is 22-2 SU in its last 24 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oklahoma City’s last 6 games at home
The Los Angeles Lakers continue their pursuit of a spot in the NBA’s Western Conference playoffs with a tough road test in Oklahoma City. They have finally battled their way back to .500 on the year at 30-30 straight-up with five victories in their last six games. They are now just 2.5 games behind both Utah and Houston for the eighth and final postseason berth.
The Lakers have gone just 3-6 against the spread in their last nine games and are 24-35-1 ATS overall. These numbers get even worse on the road with a SU record on the year of 10-19 and a 10-18-1 road record ATS. To get the much needed win on the road, look for Los Angeles to try and outscore the Thunder as opposed to focusing a good deal of its energy trying to slow them down. This matchup sets up as another big night from Kobe Bryant.
Oklahoma City has a pretty tight grip on the No.2 seed in the West with an overall record of 43-16 SU and a profitable 35-22-2 record ATS. It has gone 26-4 SU at home this season while covering in 21 of the 30 games. The total has stayed UNDER in three of its last four games. The Thunder are 4-1 both SU and ATS in their last five games.
If this contest turns into a shootout, the Thunder are well equipped with two of the most prolific scorers in the NBA; Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook. Behind their combined 52 point average, Oklahoma City is ranked second in the NBA in scoring with 106.7 points a game. It has actually exceeded this total in four of last six games. The Thunder have also done a good job defensively by holding opponents to 97.4 points a game.
There is no doubt that the Lakers are playing some of their best ball of the season, but a SU victory is just too tall of task given how much they have struggled on the road this season. The Thunder notch another big SU win at home on Tuesday night, but stick with Los Angeles to battle hard enough to cover with the 8.5 points.
Oklahoma City 112 Los Angeles 105
DJ is a freelance writer that concentrates on his true passion in life; the world of sports. He produces a number of articles each week for BangTheBook.com as well as a select group of other websites that specialize in providing the most up-to-date information for the sports gaming industry. His goal is to write insightful articles on a wide variety of sporting topics that can provide an edge to today's sophisticated online player.