Los Angeles Lakers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Pick
Date/Time: January 4, 10:30 pm EST
Basketball Odds from WagerWeb
Point Spread: Clippers -4
NBA Betting Trends
Los Angeles Lakers
- LA Lakers are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against LA Clippers
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of the LA Lakers last 13 games when playing on the road against LA Clippers
- LA Lakers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games when playing on the road against LA Clippers
- LA Lakers are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of the LA Lakers last 5 games on the road
Los Angeles Clippers
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of the LA Clippers last 13 games when playing at home against LA Lakers
- LA Clippers are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against LA Lakers
- LA Clippers are 5-15 SU in their last 20 games when playing LA Lakers
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of the LA Clippers last 6 games at home
Staples Center will host the battle of Los Angeles on Friday night as the Lakers and Clippers square off. Kobe Bryant and the Lakers are in the news for all the wrong reasons right now, while the Clippers have the most wins in the NBA. The Lakers are looking to get back to .500, while the Clippers are looking to get back on track after two straight losses. Let’s take a look at this battle for LA.
Kobe Bryant’s comments after the Lakers loss to the 76ers this past weekend got a ton of publicity. Bryant was clearly fed up with the Lakers struggles, and he came right out and said this team is too old and isn’t putting forth enough effort. The Lakers are the fourth oldest team in the league, but it’s hard to believe that a team with this much talent can’t do any better than 15-16 through the first 31 games of the year. There are some chemistry issues with the Lakers right now, and the team can’t find their identity.
Bryant’s numbers are great this year, but Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol are really struggling. Both big men are far below their career averages in points and rebounds per game this season. Steve Nash has been dinged up, so it is hard to judge his season at this point. Metta World Peace is having a bounce back year, and he has been one of the team’s better players so far this year. Will the Lakers be able to adapt to Mike D’Antoni’s system despite their age? If they can’t, things aren’t going to get better anytime soon.
The Clippers ran off an amazing 17 straight victories. Now, the Clippers have dropped two in a row. Their big loss to Golden State last time around made them look like a team that was a bit emotionally drained. You have to expect them to be much more ready for this game against their rival. He isn’t getting the credit in the media that he deserves, but Jamal Crawford deserves a ton of praise for the job he has done as the Clippers sixth man this season. Crawford is the team’s second-leading scorer, and he has fit into the system better than anyone could have imagined.
The Clippers depth is very underrated. Seven guys average at least 8.5 points per game. Blake Griffin and Chris Paul’s numbers are actually down this year, but the team is winning more games. The team’s top stars are able to score less because there are so many quality players that are capable of putting up double digits each night. In the long run, keeping Griffin and Paul fresher should help this team a lot later in the year.
Free Pick: Clippers -4
The Clippers may have struggled in their last two games, but they should be ready to go here. The Lakers haven’t shown enough to back them right now. I think the Clippers get the best of a disappointing Lakers team.
Clippers 106 Lakers 99
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- NFL Week 14 Betting Trends - December 6, 2013
- College Football Week 15 Betting Trends - December 6, 2013
- NFL Week 13 Betting Trends - November 27, 2013
- College Football Week 14 Betting Trends - November 27, 2013
- Basketball Pick: Virginia Tech Hokies vs. Michigan State Spartans - November 22, 2013