Los Angeles Lakers vs. New York Knicks Pick
Date/Time: December 13, 8:00 pm EST
Basketball Odds from Bookmaker
Point Spread: Knicks -6.5
NBA Betting Trends
Los Angeles Lakers
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of the LA Lakers last 6 games when playing on the road against New York
- LA Lakers are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against New York
- LA Lakers are 9-1 SU in their last 10 games when playing New York
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of the LA Lakers last 5 games on the road
New York Knicks
- New York is 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against LA Lakers
- New York is 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games when playing at home against LA Lakers
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of New York’s last 6 games when playing at home against LA Lakers
- New York is 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games when playing LA Lakers
No one could have imagined that the Los Angeles Lakers would be 9-13 at this point in the season. Los Angeles is struggling in every facet of the game right now. Mike D’Antoni, Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, and the entire team is looking for answers. On the other side, the New York Knicks are off to a great 16-5 start. The Knicks look like a real contender in the Eastern Conference. Can the Lakers raise their game in Madison Square Garden Thursday night?
Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong for the Los Angeles Lakers this year. Steve Nash and Steve Blake are both hurt, which means the Lakers have a major whole at point guard. Pau Gasol is injured and there are rumors he may be traded because he doesn’t fit well into new coach Mike D’Antoni’s system. Kobe Bryant is putting up big points, but it isn’t helping the team. Bryant has scored more than 30 points in 11 games this year, and the Lakers are 1-10 in those games. Kobe has had some of his career-best games at Madison Square Garden in the past, so we’ll see what he has up his sleeve for this one.
Coach D’Antoni has said twice in the past week that he believes the Lakers aren’t playing very inspired basketball right now. Howard hasn’t fit very well into the offense just yet, and his 48% free throw percentage is really hurting the team. Metta World Peace is averaging 12.6 points per game, but he is shooting only 41.6% from the floor. The Lakers have given up at least 100 points in six of their last seven games.
The New York Knicks are coming off an emotional win over the Brooklyn Nets. After being behind 23-7 in the first quarter, the Knicks climbed all the way back to win 100-97 on a late three-pointer from Jason Kidd. Carmelo Anthony led the way with 45 points, which is tied for the highest mark in the NBA this year. Anthony is a leading MVP-candidate so far this year. He is averaging 27.7 points per game and 6.6 rebounds per game. Raymond Felton is giving the team some great minutes at point guard. J.R. Smith has raised his game so far this season as well. The Knicks are averaging 102.6 points per game. They are third in the NBA in three-point field goal percentage at 40.9%.
A healthy Tyson Chandler has helped the Knicks on the defensive end. Chandler is one of the best defensive big men in the NBA. Rasheed Wallace has also been able to give the team some very good minutes. Ronnie Brewer leads the team in steals, and he has been put on the opponent’s best player in crucial moments. The Knicks are giving up only 95.3 points per game this season.
Free Pick: Knicks -6.5
Mike D’Antoni returns to New York City to go against his former team. The Knicks have better team chemistry now than they did at any point last year. Kobe could light up the scoreboard here, but I like the Knicks to cover.
New York 108 Los Angeles 98
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- NFL Week 14 Betting Trends - December 6, 2013
- College Football Week 15 Betting Trends - December 6, 2013
- NFL Week 13 Betting Trends - November 27, 2013
- College Football Week 14 Betting Trends - November 27, 2013
- Basketball Pick: Virginia Tech Hokies vs. Michigan State Spartans - November 22, 2013