Los Angeles Lakers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Pick
Date/Time: Friday, December 7, 10:30 pm EST
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Thunder -7.5
NBA Betting Trends
Los Angeles Lakers
- LA Lakers are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of the LA Lakers last 6 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
- LA Lakers are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games when playing Oklahoma City
- LA Lakers are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City Thunder
- Oklahoma City is 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against LA Lakers
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Oklahoma City’s last 6 games when playing at home against LA Lakers
- Oklahoma City is 6-2-1 ATS in their last 9 games when playing LA Lakers
- Oklahoma City is 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing LA Lakers
It’s a matchup of two teams that experts believe have a chance at snatching the title away from the Miami Heat this year. Oklahoma City is playing terrific basketball so far this year, while the Lakers have been a major disappointment. Los Angeles is just 9-10 on the year, and the Lakers just can’t seem to get on a hot streak. Can Los Angeles pick up its first signature win of the year in Oklahoma City?
Mike Brown is gone and Mike D’Antoni is the man in charge in Los Angeles. D’Antoni is implementing his fast-paced system, but this Lakers team certainly hasn’t learned the whole offense just yet. Los Angeles has had some very high scoring games since D’Antoni took over, but the only thing consistent about this offense this season has been their inconsistency. Kobe Bryant is shooting 49 percent from the floor this year, which is the best mark of his career. Kobe hasn’t been the problem at all. Pau Gasol’s numbers are way down, and now he is out with a knee injury. Dwight Howard has had his moments, but he has been a disappointment on the whole so far this year as well.
Steve Nash’s injury is really hurting this team, because they don’t have a good option at point guard right now. Antawn Jamison is a guy who seems to be thriving in D’Antoni’s offense. Jamison has put up double figures in four straight games. One of those games was a 33 point outburst. The Lakers are one of the best teams in the league on the boards.
Oklahoma City traded James Harden just before the start of the season, and many questioned how that deal would turn out. It’s too early to say for sure, but early on the Thunder are looking as good as ever. Kevin Martin is fitting in beautifully with this team. Martin is a good spot up shooter who can get to the line and known down free throws. With Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Martin, and Serge Ibaka the Thunder have four legitimate big time scorers. Durant’s points per game figure is down a bit this year, but his shooting percentage is up. Oklahoma City is first in the NBA in almost every offensive category, including points per game.
Oklahoma City has improved quite a bit defensively so far this year. The Thunder are only allowing opponents to shoot 42.4 percent from the floor. Serge Ibaka is blocking a ridiculous 3.3 shots per game this year. There isn’t a better shot blocker in the game. Oklahoma City has also been great on the defensive boards, holding opponents to one shot at a very high rate. If Oklahoma City can become an elite defensive team, they’ll be very tough to beat.
Free Pick: Over 211
The Lakers want to run and Oklahoma City can run with the best of them. Look for a quick pace and lots of offense here.
Oklahoma City 114 Los Angeles 104
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/17 and 4/18 - April 19, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/14 and 4/15 - April 14, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/10 and 4/11 - April 10, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/7 - April 7, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting April 4 - April 4, 2014