Los Angeles Lakers vs. Phoenix Suns Picks
Date/Time: January 30th, 10:30 pm EST
Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Los Angeles -3
NBA Betting Trends
Los Angeles Lakers
- LA Lakers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games when playing on the road against Phoenix
- LA Lakers are 8-17 SU in their last 25 games when playing on the road against Phoenix
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of the LA Lakers last 7 games when playing on the road against Phoenix
- LA Lakers are 8-3 SU in their last 11 games when playing Phoenix
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of the LA Lakers last 6 games when playing Phoenix
- Phoenix is 2-3-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Phoenix’s last 7 games when playing at home against LA Lakers
- Phoenix is 17-8 SU in their last 25 games when playing at home against LA Lakers
- Phoenix is 3-8 SU in their last 11 games when playing LA Lakers
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Phoenix’s last 6 games when playing LA Lakers
NBA – January 30th
The Los Angeles Lakers are back in good for, but they are going to try to win on the road for the first time since December 22nd on Wednesday night in NBA betting action when they take on the Phoenix Suns.
Are the Lakers really fixed at this point? C Dwight Howard is coming off of a great game last night against the New Orleans Hornets, as he scored 24 points and was an enforcer defensively. However, most of the bigs came up with great nights for LA. F Earl Clark had a double-double with 20 points and 12 boards, while F Pau Gasol, in limited minutes, had seven points, seven boards, and seven assists. G Kobe Bryant is shooting the ball less and distributing it more, and though his scoring average is suffering as a result, he is really doing more to help the team. The question though, is whether the successes that have happened at Staples Center are going to come with the Lakers when they hit the road in this one. Remember that LA has played a lot of basketball over the course of the last few nights, but all of those games have been at home. This is going to be a test for sure, especially in Head Coach Mike D’Antoni’s homecoming to Phoenix.
The Suns are arguably the worst team in basketball, but we really think that they are just one player away from really getting the job done and becoming a very solid team. The club has won half of its home games this year and is 11-11 SU to show for its work. That being said, the player that this team is missing is a star. There are plenty of role players that can score 10-15 points per game, but when G Goran Dragic is your leading scorer, you’re in a heck of a lot of trouble. The good news for the Suns is that they have had a few days off, and those days were much needed after they played four games in five days, having to fly somewhere in between all of those games. This gives a chance for Head Coach Lindsey Hunter to let his guys rest and get in some practice time to try to implement some new schemes built for these two home games upcoming against the Lakers and the Dallas Mavericks.
Remember that for as well as the Lakers played last night, they didn’t cover against New Orleans. The market still thinks too much of them at the moment, and there is no way in our eyes, that a team that is 5-15 SU and 6-13-1 ATS on the road should be laying three points against any team, even one that is this bad. The Suns are going to win this game SU. Phoenix 109 – Los Angeles 101