Louisville vs Seton Hall Pick
College Basketball Picks
Date/Time: January 9, 7:00 pm EST
College Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Louisville -11
Basketball Betting Game Trends
- Louisville is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Louisville’s last 9 games on the road
- Louisville is 7-2-1 ATS in its last 10 games on the road
- Seton Hall is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Louisville
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Seton Hall’s last 5 games when playing Louisville
- Seton Hall is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- Seton Hall is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
NCAA Basketball Pick
The Louisville Cardinals travel to New Jersey Wednesday night to take on the Pirates of Seton Hall. It’s an early Big East matchup where Louisville wants to show just how good they are and Seton Hall wants to prove they can battle and beat the highly ranked Cardinals.
The Ville comes into this game ranked #4 in the country. They are 13-1 overall and 1-0 in conference play. Their last contest was anything but as they easily handled Providence 80-62. The defense remained suffocating and the offense began to light it up as well. Russ Smith came off the bench in this one to pour in 23 points, three above his 20 ppg average. The defense forced 16 turnovers and really shut down the Friars offensively. They Cardinals continue to rely on Smith for the majority of their scoring but this team is so deep that anyone at anytime could light it up. Peyton Siva 11.9 ppg and Chane Behanan 11.4 ppg are the second and third leading scorers on this deep team.
The Hall is 12-3 overall and 1-1 in league play. Their last time out they were crushed by Notre Dame in South Bend by a 93-74 score. The Irish lit up the Pirates defense as they shot a scorching 56.5% from the field. Aaron Cosby and Fuquan Edwin each had 21 points in this game for the Pirates but it wasn’t enough despite Cosby nailing 5 threes. They will need to be better on Wednesday along with big man Eugene Teague (12.9 ppg) to beat Louisville. Seton Hall is a team that lives and dies by the “3”. If it’s falling they can beat anybody on any given night but when it isn’t they are in trouble.
So what is going to happen on Wednesday night? Expect Seton Hall to come out fired up and shooting the 3. They will need the 3 to fall in order for them to have a chance. Expect the Hall to hang close early or for even the first half as a much better effort is expected than what they showed at Notre Dame. However, this Louisville team is just too deep and talented for Seton Hall to pull off the upset. The Ville will pull away in the second half.
PICK: Louisville 83-70.
Latest posts by Cole Ryan (see all)
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament: Indiana State vs. Wichita State - March 9, 2014
- NBA Betting: Thunder at Lakers - March 9, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Michigan State Spartans at Ohio State Buckeyes - March 9, 2014
- Atlantic Sun Conference Tournament: Mercer vs. Florida Gulf - March 9, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Virginia Cavaliers at Maryland Terrapins - March 9, 2014