LSU vs Florida pick
College Football Picks
Date/Time: Saturday, October 6, 3:300 pm EST
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: LSU -3
Football Betting Game Trends
- LSU is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- LSU is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- LSU is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- LSU is 2-4-1 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Florida
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of LSU’s last 5 games when playing Florida
- Florida is 4-9 ATS in its last 13 games
- Florida is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Florida’s last 6 games
- Florida is 1-6-1 ATS in its last 8 games at home
- Florida is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
NCAA Football – Week 6
LSU is a perfect 5-0 straight-up (2-3 against the spread) on the year, but fell another spot in the latest AP poll after an uninspired 38-22 victory over a heavily outmatched Towson team that came into this game as 43-point underdogs on the road. The Tigers also failed to cover the week before as 18-point favorites on the road against Auburn in a tight 12-10 victory.
While the Tigers defense has remain steady all season long, their offense has lacked consistency from one week to the next despite the perfect start. Zach Mettenberger has completed 65.5 percent of his throws for 1,016 yards and six touchdowns with a couple of big plays to wide receivers Odell Beckham and Kadrone Boone. Kenny Hilliard has done a good job running the ball with 366 yards on 53 carries.
Florida has quietly worked its way up the rankings with a 4-0 SU start (3-1 ATS) that includes a 20-17 win over Texas A&M as a one-point favorite on the road and a 37-20 victory over Tennessee as a 3.5-point road underdog. The total has stayed UNDER in three of its first four games.
The Gators are averaging 224.5 yards a game on the ground behind running back Mike Gillislee, who has run for 402 yards on 69 carries. Quarterback Jeff Driskel has also been a duel threat with 148 yards on the ground to go along with his 698 yards through the air. The real strength of this Gators’ team is a stingy defense that is giving-up an average of only 12.8 points a game, which is ranked 10th in the nation. It pitched a shutout this past Saturday in a 38-0 rout of Kentucky.
There is little doubt that LSU is still one of the top teams in the country, but it could be heading into a trap game this Saturday in Gainesville. The Tigers appear to be ripe for an upset against a very solid Florida squad that is itching to get back into the BCS title picture. Stick with the Gators to come out of this game with a straight-up win in a low-scoring affair. Florida 20 LSU 17
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013
- NBA Pick: Golden State Warriors vs. Oklahoma City Thunder - November 29, 2013