Maryland vs. Alabama NIT Basketball Pick
College Basketball Picks
Date/Time: March 26th, 2013 7:30 pm ET
College Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Alabama -3.5
Basketball Betting Game Trends
- Maryland is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Maryland is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Maryland is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS win.
- Maryland is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
Alabama Crimson Tide
- Alabama is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 Tuesday games.
- Alabama is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a S.U. win.
- Alabama is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Alabama is 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
- Alabama is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
NCAA Basketball Pick – March 26th
The first ticket to Madison Square Garden will be punched in NIT betting action on Tuesday night, where the Maryland Terrapins will take on the Alabama Crimson Tide in a crucial game in Tuscaloosa.
The Terps have been playing with quite a lot of confidence over the course of the last several games of the season. They have had no issue disposing of the Niagara Purple Eagles and the Denver Pioneers in home games here in the NIT, as both games were covered and done so by an average of 5.75 points per game. Even dating back into the ACC Tournament, all three of those games were covered, and the last truly bad game the team played was back on February 27th in the 10-point loss on the road at the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. Since then, the only team that has beaten this Maryland outfit has been the North Carolina Tar Heels. G Dez Wells continues to be a major factor for the Terps. This is a man that barely averaged 10 points per game in the regular season. However, since that aforementioned loss at the hands of the Jackets, Wells has really turned it on, averaging 18.3 points per game. He really has been the leader of this crew, and he is hitting the boards and doing all of the little things required for Maryland to win games as well.
Alabama was the top seed in this region, and for good reason. The Crimson Tide were really only left out of the NCAA Tournament because they didn’t have any truly signature wins, but here in the NIT, they have been facing a lot of the lesser teams in the field, and that has been the true calling card to get this team to this point. Just as Maryland has been playing solid basketball of late, you have to go back over a month and a half to see the last terrible loss on the Tide’s schedule as well. They have won four out of five and have covered four straight. They also have a 7-1 ATS record in their last eight games, though some of those games were lost on the road to teams like the Ole Miss Rebels and the Florida Gators, losses that there are no shame in.
This is a tough one. We think that Wells is the man that is going to make the difference here on Tuesday night, as he is playing out of his mind at the moment. We aren’t 100% sold that Maryland is going to win this game, but we expect this to be one of these great postseason games that comes right down to the wire. With a trip to Madison Square Garden on the line though, grab the Terrapins and the points. Maryland 67 – Alabama 66
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- Mountain West Championship Game Pick: Utah State vs. Fresno State - December 6, 2013
- SEC Championship Game Pick: Missouri vs. Auburn - December 6, 2013
- Pac-12 Championship Game Pick: Stanford vs. Arizona State - December 6, 2013
- NFL Betting: NFL Matchups for Week 14 - December 6, 2013
- NBA Pick: Denver Nuggets vs. Boston Celtics - December 6, 2013