Memphis Grizzlies vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Miami Heat NBA Pick
Date/Time: Friday, March 1, 8 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Heat -8
NBA Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Memphis’s last 9 games when playing on the road against Miami
- Memphis is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Miami
- Memphis is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Miami
- Memphis is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games when playing Miami
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Memphis’s last 5 games when playing Miami
- Miami is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing at home against Memphis
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Miami’s last 9 games when playing at home against Memphis
- Miami is 3-7 ATS in its last 10 games when playing Memphis
- Miami is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games when playing Memphis
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Miami’s last 5 games when playing Memphis
Memphis extended its current winning streak to eight games with a 90-84 victory over Dallas this past Wednesday night as a 7.5-point favorite at home. It will try and keep it going on the road where it has gone 15-10 both straight-up and against the spread this season. The Grizzlies are now 38-18 SU overall and 32-23-1 ATS. The total has stayed UNDER in their last four games.
Shutdown defense has been the key to the Grizzlies’ success all season long. They are ranked 27th in the NBA in scoring with an average of 93.3 points a game, but when you are holding your opponents to just 89.5 points a game, you are going to win the majority of the time. Memphis has ramped things up lately by holding teams to less than 85 points in its last four games.
As good as the Grizzlies have been on defense, Miami has been even better at scoring points during its current 12-game winning streak. Behind LeBron James 27.3 points a game and Dwyane Wade’s 21.5 points the Heat have been lighting things up all season long with 103.9 points a game. This total has exploded to an average of 109 points a game during this amazing run.
Miami is hitting full stride in its quest for a second-straight title and at 41-14 SU (29-26 ATS) it now has a six-game lead over Indiana for the top spot in the Eastern Conference. The Heat have been especially good at home with 25 SU wins in 28 games, but ATS they have gone 15-13. The total has gone OVER in eight of their last 10 games overall and in their last six games at home.
Something has to give in this one with the top defense in the league going up against the most explosive scoring machine in the NBA right now. I do not see the Heat hitting that 109-point average in this contest, but their streak will prevail with the SU win. Memphis will not stop LeBron and Co. but it will slow them down just enough to cover with the eight points.
Miami 97 Memphis 92
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013