Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Free Pick
Date/Time: Wednesday, Nov.14, 8 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Oklahoma City -6.5
NBA Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Memphis’s last 12 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
- Memphis is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
- Memphis is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Oklahoma City
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Memphis’s last 5 games when playing Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City Thunder
- Oklahoma City is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Memphis
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Oklahoma City’s last 12 games when playing at home against Memphis
- Oklahoma City is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Memphis
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oklahoma City’s last 5 games when playing Memphis
Memphis is off to a hot start with five straight-up victories in its first six games and a 5-1 record as well against the spread. The total has gone an even 3-3 but it has stayed UNDER in the last three games. The Grizzlies are coming off a huge 104-86 rout of Miami this past Sunday as 1.5-point home underdogs and should be well rested for Wednesday night’s game with three day’s rest.
It has been an impressive performance across the board for Memphis as this team is ranked in the top 10 of the league in just about every major category. It is ranked sixth in scoring behind Rudy Gay’s 19.5 points per game and seventh in rebounds with Zach Randolph pulling down an average of 14.5 boards a game. The Grizzlies have also played rock-solid defense so far by holding their opponents to just 91.7 points a game which is also ranked seventh in the NBA.
Oklahoma City has also picked-up where it left off after a trip to last season’s NBA Finals with a 6-2 SU start and a 4-3-1 record ATS. The total has stayed UNDER in six of its first eight games. The Thunder struggled a bit against the winless Detroit Pistons this past Monday night in a tight 92-90 win as 6.5-point road favorites but now head back home where they are 4-1 SU and 3-2 ATS.
There is little doubt that the combination of Kevin Durant and Michael Westbrook has made Oklahoma City one of the best teams in the NBA over the past few seasons and they are back at it again this season. This duo is averaging 44.1 points, 15.5 rebounds and 11.4 assists a game, but the Thunder is also getting a huge effort from Kevin Martin off the bench. Brought in to replace the loss of James Harden, Martin has assumed the role nicely with an average of 17.1 points a game. Overall, Oklahoma City is averaging 99.1 points a game while giving-up 92.
This should be a great early-season showdown between two teams playing at the top of their game. The Grizzlies are not in the same class as the Thunder just yet, but stick with them to keep Wednesday night’s game close enough to cover with the 6.5 points.
Oklahoma City 97 Memphis 94
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013