Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtics Free NBA Pick
Date/Time: Monday, March. 18, 8 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Miami -5
NBA Betting Trends
- Miami is 2-11 ATS in its last 13 games when playing on the road against Boston
- Miami is 2-16 SU in its last 18 games when playing on the road against Boston
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Miami’s last 8 games when playing Boston
- Miami is 4-9 ATS in its last 13 games when playing Boston
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Miami’s last 5 games on the road
- Boston is 16-2 SU in its last 18 games when playing at home against Miami
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Boston’s last 8 games when playing Miami
- Boston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- Boston is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Boston’s last 8 games at home
Miami’s current winning streak reached 22 games this past Sunday with a 108-91victory over Toronto as a 7.5-point favorite on the road. It has now successfully navigated its way through the first three contests of this five-game trip to improve to 21-11 straight-up on the road this season. The Heat have also covered against the spread in nine of their last 10 road games and are 18-14 ATS overall on the road this season. The total has stayed UNDER in six of their last nine games.
The Heat have performed like a well-oiled machine during this incredible run with both LeBron James and Dwyane Wade playing their best ball of the year. Miami, as a whole, is averaging 103.4 points a game while shooting an impressive 49.6 percent from the field and 38.6 percent from three-point range.
The Celtics have worked their way into a tie with Chicago for sixth place in the Eastern Conference standings with seven SU victories in their last nine games. They are coming off back-to-back wins at home against Toronto and Charlotte both SU and ATS to improve to 24-9 SU at home this season and 18-13-2 ATS. The total went OVER in both of these games after staying UNDER in five of their previous eight contests.
The big question mark for Monday night is the health of Kevin Garnett. He has been listed as questionable with a strained groin and Boston head coach Doc Rivers has already gone on record as stating that Garnett is 50-50 at best to play in this game. With or without KG in the lineup, the Celtics will need another strong effort from a defense that is ranked seventh in the league in points allowed; giving-up an average of 95.6 points a game.
Free NBA Pick
The spread on this game opened at 2.5 points and has expanded to five in light of the injury to Garnett. Even if he cannot go, I like Boston’s chances to keep this game close enough to cover with the points. Miami has had its struggles in the past in TD Garden with a 2-11 record ATS in its last 13 trips here.
Miami 95 Boston 92
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013