Michigan Wolverines vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers Picks
College Football Picks
Date/Time: Saturday, October 27 8:00 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from Bookmaker
Point Spread: Nebraska -2
Football Betting Game Trends
- Michigan is 3-5-1 ATS in its last 9 games
- Michigan is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Michigan’s last 6 games
- Michigan is 3-9-1 ATS in its last 13 games on the road
- Michigan is 8-15 SU in its last 23 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Michigan’s last 7 games on the road
- Nebraska is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- Nebraska is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Nebraska is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
NCAA Football – Week 9
Michigan and Nebraska both come into this game at 5-2 on the year. The big difference though is that Michigan is unbeaten in the Big Ten, while Nebraska has already dropped a game in the conference. These two teams have the inside track at the top of the Big Ten Legends Division. Nebraska will have a big home field advantage here at night. Will it be enough for them to get right back to the top of the division?
The Michigan Wolverines got off to a very rough start this year, but they have been rounding into form of late. It is Denard’s Robinson’s senior season, and he is kicking it into full gear over the last few games. Robinson has run for 900 yards already this year. He is averaging 7.4 yards per carry. Robinson has still been extremely inconsistent throwing the football. Robinson has nine touchdowns and nine interceptions so far this year. Fitz Toussaint is averaging just 3.5 yards per carry this year, and the Wolverines need him to pick it up moving forward.
The Wolverines defense has led the way once again this season. Michigan ranks tenth in the nation in total defense. The secondary has been absolutely terrific all year. Opponents are only throwing for 142 yards per game against this group. Thomas Gordon and Jordan Kovacs are terrific leaders in the secondary. The rushing defense has been mediocre, and they will really be tested by Nebraska’s rushing attack in this game. Michigan is allowing 16.4 points per game this season.
The Nebraska Cornhuskers were taken to the woodshed when they went to Columbus a few weeks ago, but the Cornhuskers are still in a position to take the Legends Division if they can win this game. Taylor Martinez was the key to this Nebraska offense heading into the season, and his improvement in the passing game is the main reason the Cornhuskers offense has been so successful this year. Martinez is completing 67 percent of his passes this year. He completed only 56 percent of his passes last year. He has already thrown more touchdowns than he did all of last year. It is still the running game that is Nebraska’s bread and butter. Martinez is one of the better running quarterbacks in the nation. Ameer Abdullah and Rex Burkhead team up to make a great tailback tandem. Nebraska is sixth in the nation in rushing yards this year.
Nebraska’s defense really let them down last season, and the run defense has once again been a problem this year. Ohio State ran for 371 yards against the Cornhuskers. Earlier in the year, UCLA ran for 344 yards against Nebraska. They’ll have to find a way to slow down Denard Robinson in this one. Last year, Michigan ran for 239 yards against Nebraska in a big 45-17 win in Ann Arbor.
Nebraska needs this game even more than Michigan does, and I think you’ll see the Cornhuskers come out with a real urgency in this one. Look for them to win and cover at home under the lights.
Nebraska 31 Michigan 27
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Basketball Pick: Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Penn State Nittany Lions - February 27, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Cal Golden Bears vs. Arizona Wildcats - February 26, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Florida Gators vs. Vanderbilt Commodores - February 25, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Louisville vs. Cincinnati - February 22, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Michigan State Spartans vs. Purdue Boilermakers - February 20, 2014