Timberwolves vs Thunder NBA Pick
Date/Time: Friday, February 22, 10:30 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Oklahoma City -13
NBA Betting Trends
- Minnesota is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
- Minnesota is 4-10-1 ATS in its last 15 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
- Minnesota is 1-13 SU in its last 14 games when playing Oklahoma City
- Minnesota is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games on the road
Oklahoma City Thunder
- Oklahoma City is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Minnesota
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oklahoma City’s last 5 games when playing at home against Minnesota
- Oklahoma City is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Minnesota
- Oklahoma City is 13-1 SU in its last 14 games when playing Minnesota
- Oklahoma City is 19-2 SU in its last 21 games at home
The Timberwolves posted just their fourth straight-up victory in their last 20 games with a 94-87 win over Philadelphia as 3.5-point home favorites this past Wednesday night. They are now 20-31 SU on the year and 22-27-2 against the spread. Minnesota has really struggled on the road with a SU record of 7-18 while going 11-13-1 ATS. The total has stayed UNDER in four of their last five games.
Minnesota was a legitimate playoff contender before losing its top scorer, Kevin Love with a broken hand in early January. Even though it has seven other players scoring in double figures, the team is now ranked 21st in the NBA in scoring with an average of 95.1 points a game. The Timberwolves are shooting 43.6 percent from the field and 30.2 percent from three-point range.
Oklahoma City has had no problem putting points on the board this season with an average of 106.3 a game. However, its defense has been sketchy at best during a current three-game losing streak that includes a 122-119 loss to Houston this past Wednesday night as a three-point road favorite. The loss dropped the Thunder to 39-15 SU (31-21-2 ATS) overall, but they return home where they have gone 23-4 SU and 18-9 ATS. The total has gone OVER in five of their last six games overall.
The defense should do a much better job at containing Minnesota on Friday night, but the Thunder can always try and win this game with a heavy dose of Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook. Durant is averaging 29 points with Westbrook chipping-in another 22.7 points a game. It also helps to have Kevin Martin scoring 15 points a game off the bench.
These two teams have split the first two games this season with Minnesota winning 99-93 as a two-point underdog at home in late December only to see the Thunder counter with a 106-84 beatdown as 12.5-point home favorites on Jan.9 with Love out of the lineup. The total stayed UNDER in both games. I see this contest closely resembling the last time they met as Oklahoma City will look to take out its frustrations from the last three games on its division rival.
Oklahoma City 107 Minnesota 92
Date and Time: 02/22/2013 20:00
Street: 100 W Reno Ave
Locality: Oklahoma City
DJ is a freelance writer that concentrates on his true passion in life; the world of sports. He produces a number of articles each week for BangTheBook.com as well as a select group of other websites that specialize in providing the most up-to-date information for the sports gaming industry. His goal is to write insightful articles on a wide variety of sporting topics that can provide an edge to today's sophisticated online player.