Minnesota Vikings vs. Seattle Seahawks Free Pick
Date/Time: Sunday, Nov.4 4:05 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Seattle -5
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Minnesota is 5-9-2 ATS in its last 16 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota’s last 7 games
- Minnesota is 8-17 SU in its last 25 games
- Minnesota is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Minnesota’s last 15 games on the road
- Minnesota is 5-18 SU in its last 23 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Seattle’s last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Seattle’s last 17 games at home
- Seattle is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Seattle’s last 5 games when playing at home against Minnesota
NFL Pick – Week 9
Minnesota comes into this matchup looking to keep pace with Chicago in the NFC North after posting a surprising 5-3 straight-up record in the first half of the regular season. It is 3-4-1 against the spread this year with the total staying UNDER in five of its last seven games.
The turnaround in fortunes has been led by a resurgent Adrian Peterson, who has successfully returned from a torn ACL to rush for a league-high 775 yards so far. Another big part of the Vikings success has been driven by a defense that is ranked 11th in the NFL in both yards and points allowed.
Seattle is another team that is playing over its head at 4-4 SU and 5-3 ATS. The problem with the Seahawks has been their inability to win on the road, but they are 3-0 SU and ATS at home with victories over Dallas, Green Bay, and New England. The total has stayed UNDER in six of their eight games this year.
Rookie quarterback Russell Wilson has been a mixed bag for Seattle this season with flashes of brilliance followed by youthful mistakes. Fortunately, the offense has Marshawn Lynch in the backfield to anchor the running game. He is just behind Peterson in the league rankings with 757 yards rushing on 159 carries. Seattle’s defense has played outstanding this season; holding its opponents to an average of just 16.8 points a game which is third-lowest in the NFL. That average goes down to an even more impressive 14 points a game at home.
This is a great matchup between two teams that can run the ball and know how to play shutdown defense. Despite Seattle’s sterling record at home this season, covering five points could be reach against a team that is almost a mirror image of itself. This game sets up as a perfect parlay play on Minnesota and the UNDER as the Vikings’ defense keeps this game close for all four quarters. Seattle 17 Minnesota 13
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013