MLB Betting Preview: Baltimore Orioles vs. Boston Red Sox
Starting Pitchers: Baltimore (Matusz) vs. Boston (Buchholz)
Date/Time: June 7, 7:10 PM EST
Television: MLB Network
MLB Betting Odds from TopBet
Moneyline: Red Sox (-143) Orioles (+133)
MLB Betting Game Trends
- Baltimore is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Baltimore’s last 10 games
- Baltimore is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games on the road
- Baltimore is 12-6 SU in its last 18 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Baltimore’s last 6 games on the road
Boston Red Sox
- Boston is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Boston’s last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Boston’s last 6 games at home
- Boston is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games when playing Baltimore
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Boston’s last 8 games when playing Baltimore
The Baltimore Orioles have taken the first two games of this series against the Boston Red Sox. It seems there is a little bad blood between these two teams after what has taken place the last couple years, and the Orioles seem to play their best against the Red Sox. Can the Orioles pull off the sweep at Fenway?
Baltimore sits in second place in the AL East with a record of 31-24. The Orioles have cooled off a bit after a red hot start, but they are still playing pretty well. The loss of Nick Markakis really hurt their offense. Adam Jones is having an amazing breakout season for the Orioles. Jones is hitting .307 with 16 homers and 35 RBI’s. He is looking like an elite outfielder both in the field and in the batter’s box. Chris Davis is having a resurgent season for the Orioles. Davis was once a top prospect who most had given up on before this year.
Brian Matusz will be on the mound for the Orioles. Matusz may have the best stuff of any Baltimore starter, but the has struggled to put it all together. Matusz shows glimpses of brilliance often, but he is very inconsistent. He has been very good in his last three starts, but he’ll face a Boston lineup that is great against left-handed pitching.
Is Clay Buchholz finally turning the corner? That is the question many Red Sox fans have been asking after his last couple starts. Buchholz was one of the best pitchers in baseball a couple years ago, but he has been terrible this season. He has a 6.58 ERA, but he has given up just 4 runs in his last two starts. The Red Sox really need Buchholz to get it going if they are going to make a serious run in this difficult division.
Boston’s offense has been very good this year, despite the fact that they have been missing multiple key players all year. Boston is averaging 5.18 runs per game, which is the second best mark in the majors. David Ortiz leads the team with a .310 batting average and 13 home runs. Dustin Pedroia is back in the lineup after missing about a week, and that should give the offense a boost. Will Middlebrooks and Daniel Nava have both been superb in their rookie seasons with the team.
Free MLB Pick: Over 9.5
Both of these pitchers are inconsistent, and these offenses are taking advantage of their mistakes. Look for a high scoring game here.
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Basketball Pick: Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Penn State Nittany Lions - February 27, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Cal Golden Bears vs. Arizona Wildcats - February 26, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Florida Gators vs. Vanderbilt Commodores - February 25, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Louisville vs. Cincinnati - February 22, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Michigan State Spartans vs. Purdue Boilermakers - February 20, 2014