MLB Network Thursday Night Baseball Pick: Tampa Bay @ New York
Starting Pitchers: Tampa Bay Rays (Price) vs. New York Yankees (Sabathia)
Date/Time: June 7th, 7:10 PM EST
Television: MLB Network
MLB Betting Odds from Vietbet
Moneyline: Rays (+135) Yankees (-145)
MLB Betting Game Trends
Tampa Bay Rays
- Tampa Bay is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Tampa Bay’s last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Tampa Bay’s last 6 games on the road
- Tampa Bay is 8-4 SU in their last 12 games when playing NY Yankees
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Tampa Bay’s last 6 games when playing NY Yankees
New York Yankees
- NY Yankees are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games at home
- NY Yankees are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games when playing Tampa Bay
The New York Yankees have already won a pair of games here in the Bronx in MLB betting action against the Tampa Bay Rays. Now having overtaken Tampa Bay, New York can finish off the sweep if it can beat the MLB betting odds on Thursday.
Tampa Bay has all of a sudden fallen upon hard times, losing six out of eight to drop out of first place in the AL East and into a situation where it really does need to start putting together some victories once again. The best arm on the staff, that of David Price is going to be out there in the Bronx on Thursday. Generally speaking, that’s pretty good news for Manager Joe Maddon and company. Price is 7-3 with a 2.44 ERA this year, and he clearly has some of the best stuff on the staff. Over the course of the last three starts, Price has allowed just a total of two earned runs in 21.1 innings of work. That being said, only a 5-0 win over the Baltimore Orioles went the right way as far as the Rays are concerned, as the offense just didn’t give Price the help to the point that the team went 0-2 in the other games. Against the Yankees, things haven’t always been stellar for the former No. 1 overall pick in the MLB Draft. Price is 5-3 with a 4.15 ERA against his biggest nemesis.
CC Sabathia, just like Price, is going to be going for his eighth win on Thursday night. Sabathia has once again been quite the horse this year for the Bronx Bombers, averaging over seven innings per start. He doesn’t have a complete game this year as of yet, but the southpaw has been consistent. Sabathia is back in the saddle after two straight losses suffered in the middle of May. He allowed just five runs and 15 hits in 14 innings in two big road wins at the Detroit Tigers and Oakland Athletics for his last two starts, and if he pitches like that again, the struggling Tampa Bay lineup isn’t going to stand all that much of a chance. Sabathia has really pitched well against Tampa Bay in his career, going 10-7 with a 3.11 ERA. In his last start against the Rays, he had his best outing of the year in which he threw eight innings of shutout ball, striking out 10 and allowing just seven hits and a walk.
With the way that the Yankees are playing right now and the way that the Rays are playing right now, the choice in this one is relatively easy. Go with Sabathia to outduel Price, something that we have seen time and time again over the course of the last few years.
Tampa Bay Rays @ New York Yankees Pick: New York Yankees (-145)
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- Week 15 NFL Odds Analysis - December 10, 2013
- 2014 World Cup Odds - December 10, 2013
- NCAA Basketball Pick: Kansas vs. Florida - December 10, 2013
- NHL Pick: Nashville Predators vs. New York Rangers - December 10, 2013
- Cowboys vs. Bears Monday Night Football Prop Picks - December 9, 2013