NC State vs. North Carolina Basketball Picks
Date/Time: February 23rd, 4:00 pm ET
College Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Check Back Later
Total: Check Back Later
Basketball Betting Game Trends
NC State Wolfpack
- North Carolina State is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against North Carolina
- North Carolina State is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against North Carolina
- North Carolina State is 2-5-1 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
- North Carolina State is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- North Carolina State is 17-7-1 ATS in its last 25 games on the road
North Carolina Tar Heels
- North Carolina is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against North Carolina State
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of North Carolina’s last 19 games when playing North Carolina State
- North Carolina is 13-1 SU in its last 14 games when playing North Carolina State
- North Carolina is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- North Carolina is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of North Carolina’s last 9 games
NCAA Basketball Pick – February 23rd
The battle to beat the college basketball betting odds will be hot and heavy on Tobacco Road on Saturday afternoon, as the NC State Wolfpack travel to take on the North Carolina Tar Heels.
A loss like this one wouldn’t be devastating for the Wolfpack, but we have to think that they will want to prove that they can take a game like this one on the road at some point to totally solidify a spot in the NCAA Tournament. The team is just 2-5 ATS this year on the road, and those two covers came in losses against the Virginia Cavaliers and the Maryland Terrapins. The team is lucky to have even one road win in the ACC this year, that coming against the Clemson Tigers at Littlejohn Coliseum back on the 20th, and there are still three roadies to contend with this year. F TJ Warren was really slacking over the course of his last five games before going off for 31 points and 13 boards against the Florida State Seminoles on Tuesday night. Warren is just one of the seven very talented stars that NCSU brings to the table, though quite often, thanks to a shoddy defense allowing 71.1 points per game, all seven have to be at their best to make sure that this team gets the ‘W’.
North Carolina’s status for the NCAA Tournament is a bit more up in the air than that of its Tobacco Road mates, but it still shouldn’t be in peril. There are five games left in the regular season, and all five are definitely winnable fixtures, though none are total slam dunks either. Again, defense is a problem for the Heels, as they are allowing 69.5 points per game. They gave up 91 to the Pack when these two teams met in Raleigh a few weeks ago (more on that in a bit), and they are routinely one of the worst defensive teams in the land. The offense is supposed to make up for it. The truth of the matter is that Head Coach Roy Williams has a team on his side that is pretty darn deep. There isn’t the NBA talent on this club that there normally is, though F James Michael McAdoo is sure to hear his name called at the NBA Draft this year if he decides to go pro. McAdoo is the team’s leading scorer and rebounder at 14.7 and 8.3 respectively.
This is going to be a shootout once again, and the oddsmakers can’t reasonably put a number up high enough to make us think that this one will stay beneath it. Just look back at the 174 points scored the first time around in a game that was lined at 157.5 for further proof of that. North Carolina 88 – NC State 78
Date and Time: 02/23/2013 16:00
Street: Old Nc Highway 10
Locality: Chapel Hill
is a staff writer living in the Orlando area. He has covered NFL, MLB, college football, CFL, AFL, NBA, college basketball, NASCAR, golf, tennis, and the NHL for a number of various outlets in his career, and he has been published by a number of different media outlets, including the Orlando Sentinel and the Wall Street Journal.