New Orleans Saints vs. Denver Broncos Free Pick
Date/Time: Sunday, October 28, 8:20 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Broncos -6
NFL Betting Game Trends
New Orleans Saints
- New Orleans is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- New Orleans is 16-7 SU in its last 23 games
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of New Orleans’s last 11 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of New Orleans’s last 5 games on the road
- New Orleans is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Denver
- Denver is 4-7-1 ATS in its last 12 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Denver’s last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 16 of Denver’s last 22 games at home
- Denver is 4-7-1 ATS in its last 12 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Denver’s last 6 games when playing New Orleans
NFL Pick – Week 8
The Saints held off Tampa Bay last Sunday to preserve a 35-28 victory as one-point road favorites to improve to 2-4 straight-up and 3-3 against the spread. New Orleans’ high-flying offense has helped take the total OVER in five of its first six games.
Even without a head coach, Drew Brees and Co. have had little problem putting points on the board and the offense as a whole is ranked third in the league in scoring with an average of 29.3 points a game. They still cannot run the ball, but when you are putting-up an average of 335.2 yards a game through the air it is bound to lead to some points. The problem with New Orleans is a defense that is giving-up even more points than it is scoring. That is always a prime recipe for losing games.
Denver is 3-3 SU and ATS, but the way the offense has been able to move the ball and score with Peyton Manning at the helm, it is a far better team than its current record. Throw-in the fact that the losses have come to Atlanta, Houston, and New England and it is easy to see why Broncos are only .500 on the year.
Manning continues to get better and better with each passing week as he returns to All-Pro form after missing last season due to injury. He has already thrown for 1,808 yards and 14 touchdowns while completing 67.8 percent of his passes. The Broncos are another team that cannot run the ball very well, so this game should turn into an aerial assault that could threaten a couple of passing and receiving records along the way.
It will be extremely hard for New Orleans to march into Mile High Stadium and come away with a win, but what will not be hard will be putting points on the board. The exact same thing could be said about Denver as it should be able to go up and down the field against the Saints’ defense. The end result will be a game that easily clears the 55.5-point mark set on the total line.
New Orleans vs. Denver- OVER 55.5
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013