New Orleans Saints vs Green Bay Packers Free Pick
Date/Time: Sunday, Sept.30 4:25 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Packers -9
NFL Betting Game Trends
New Orleans Saints
- New Orleans is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of New Orleans’s last 8 games
- New Orleans is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- New Orleans is 14-6 SU in its last 20 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of New Orleans’s last 6 games on the road
Green Bay Packers
- Green Bay is 21-4 SU in its last 25 games
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Green Bay’s last 14 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Green Bay’s last 8 games at home
- Green Bay is 15-2 SU in its last 17 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Green Bay’s last 5 games when playing New Orleans
NFL Pick – Week 4
If there was ever any question of head coach Sean Payton’s value to his team before, it is surely been answered in the Saints shocking 0-3 start to the season. They have now lost to Washington, Carolina, and Kansas City as favorites in each game while getting outscored by a total of 19 points.
It has been a mess so far on both sides of the ball. All-Pro quarterback Drew Brees has completed less than 55 percent of his passes and has been picked off five times after throwing just 14 interceptions all last season. New Orleans’ defense could not hold onto a 24-6 lead over the Chiefs last Sunday and are now ranked last in the NFL in total yards allowed and 30th in points allowed; giving-up an average of 34 points a game.
Green Bay has to find a way to quickly put Monday night’s highway robbery out of its mind after losing to Seattle on the last play of the game on one of the worst calls in the history of the NFL. The loss dropped the Packers to an unexpected 1-2 start both straight-up and against the spread.
Even if they would have won that game (which they actually did) all is not well in Packerland. Aaron Rodgers continues to try and regain last season’s MVP form and the defense continues to have major problems stopping the run. That should not be too much of a concern against the Saints, seeing how they are ranked 22nd in the league in rushing yards per game. None the less, Sunday afternoon could turn into a major struggle if Green Bay decides to carry Monday night’s loss into this game.
In a battle between two teams that currently have major issues with the NFL, this game will be much closer than the nine-point spread might suggest. This is a shot at redemption for the Saints and while they may not come away with the SU win, they will be kicking and dragging their feet to a dreaded 0-4 start right up until the final gun. Green Bay 28 New Orleans 27
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013