New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys Free Pick
Date/Time: Sunday, October 28, 4:25 pm EST
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Giants -1
NFL Betting Game Trends
New York Giants
- NY Giants are 11-2 SU in their last 13 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of the NY Giants last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of the NY Giants last 5 games on the road
- NY Giants are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of the NY Giants last 7 games when playing Dallas
- Dallas is 4-9 ATS in its last 13 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Dallas’s last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of Dallas’s last 19 games at home
- Dallas is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Dallas’s last 7 games when playing NY Giants
NFL Pick – Week 8
The Giants shook off a sluggish 2-2 start to post three-straight victories that has them back on top in the NFC East at 5-2 straight-up. They are 3-3-1 against the spread this season and the total has stayed UNDER in five of the seven games.
The reason for the turnaround other than the fourth-quarter play of quarterback Eli Manning is a revitalized defense that has returned to the form that helped carry this team all the way to a Super Bowl title last season. This unit is still giving-up close to 400 yards of total offense a game, but it has clamped-down on points allowed and is now ranked ninth in the NFL in that department. The Giants will still live and die with the passing game and big play, but they have also done a better job at running the ball behind Ahmad Bradshaw and Andre Brown.
Last week’s 19-14 squeaker against Carolina as a one-point road favorite snapped a two-game losing streak for Dallas and kept the wolves at bay for at least one more week for a team that has once again failed to live up to its owner’s expectations. At 3-3 SU and ATS, this obviously becomes a make-or-break game for getting back in the thick of the division race.
While Tony Romo usually takes the bulk of the heat when things go wrong in Big D, his numbers have been solid so far with a completion percentage of 67.8 for 1,636 yards and eight touchdowns. Much of the blame for the Cowboys’ problems should fall back the head coach and some shaky calls over the course of the first six games. Jason Garrett has also has some major issues with clock management at crucial times of the game.
This matchup is a very typical scenario in the NFC East where one team is not nearly as good as everyone thinks and the other is not nearly as bad. Look for the Cowboys to stun the Giants at home to pull off the season sweep that tightens-up the race for everyone in the division.
Dallas 28 New York 27
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013