New York Jets vs. New England Patriots Picks
Date/Time: October 21, 4:25 pm EST
NFL Odds from BetOnline
Point Spread: Patriots -10.5
NFL Betting Game Trends
New York Jets
- NY Jets are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 17 of the NY Jets last 22 games on the road
- NY Jets are 3-8 SU in their last 11 games on the road
- NY Jets are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of the NY Jets last 5 games when playing New England
New England Patriots
- New England is 13-4 SU in its last 17 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of New England’s last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 16 of New England’s last 23 games at home
- New England is 18-4 SU in its last 22 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of New England’s last 5 games when playing NY Jets
NFL Pick – Week 7
The AFC East couldn’t possibly be any more interesting right now. All four teams are tied at 3-3 going into this weekend. The Jets have been blasted by the media many times, but they are still tied for first in the division. Still, the Jets have a lot to prove, and they could prove a lot if they could find a way to beat the Patriots in Foxboro this weekend. This is always an intense game, and I don’t expect this one to be any different.
The toughest team in the NFL to figure out so far this season is probably the New York Jets. They blasted the Bills and the Colts at home, but they were also beaten up by the Steelers and embarrassed by the 49ers. Which Jets team will show up in this one? Mark Sanchez is still starting under center for the Jets. Sanchez is completing 49.7 percent of his passes this year. He has thrown eight touchdowns and six interceptions. The Jets have suffered multiple injuries at wide receiver, and they are short on talent in that area now. Shonn Greene had a massive breakout game last weekend. Greene ran for 161 yards and three touchdowns last weekend. If the Jets can run the football consistently, they can certainly be a good football team. Was last week an aberration or the start of something big?
The Jets defense has been very good against the pass, but the front seven has struggled against the run. New York is giving up 150 yards per game on the ground. The defensive line has been getting pushed around too much, and that is something that needs to improve. Losing Darrelle Revis really hurts the secondary, but this unit is still solid.
New England started the season as the favorite to get back to the Super Bowl from the AFC, but things haven’t gone exactly as planned for the Patriots so far this year. The team has lost three games by a total of four points, and they sit at 3-3 on the season. Still, this is obviously a team that is capable of winning it all. They just need to finish games off better than they are right now. For the third straight year, Tom Brady is completing 66 percent of his passes. Brady has ten touchdown passes and three interceptions. The Patriots running game is much improved this year, and that has helped the offense in a big way. Steven Ridley, Branden Boldin, and Danny Woodhead serve as a strong trio of backs for the Patriots. New England is averaging 31.3 points per game, which is the best mark in the NFL.
The Patriots defense wasn’t very good last year, and so far this season they have struggled once again. Vince Wilfork is a strong run-stuffer in the middle of the defensive line, but the Patriots don’t really have a great pass rusher. The secondary has been inconsistent against the pass. Last week, Russell Wilson really tore up this Patriots pass defense. New England is giving up 22.4 points per game.
Free NFL Pick:
The Patriots offense is starting to fire on all cylinders once again, and that is dangerous for their opponents. I don’t think the Jets have the defensive personnel to shut the Patriots down. The Jets should put up some points against an average Patriots defense. I like the over in this one.
Patriots 35 Jets 24
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Basketball Pick: Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Penn State Nittany Lions - February 27, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Cal Golden Bears vs. Arizona Wildcats - February 26, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Florida Gators vs. Vanderbilt Commodores - February 25, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Louisville vs. Cincinnati - February 22, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Michigan State Spartans vs. Purdue Boilermakers - February 20, 2014