New York Knicks vs. Memphis Grizzlies Pick
Date/Time: Friday, Nov.14, 8 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from BetOnline
Point Spread: Memphis -6
NBA Betting Trends
New York Knicks
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of New York’s last 5 games on the road
- New York is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of New York’s last 7 games when playing on the road against Memphis
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of New York’s last 5 games when playing Memphis
- Memphis is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- Memphis is 16-2 SU in its last 18 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Memphis’s last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Memphis’s last 5 games when playing New York
The New York Knicks trailed by 11 late in the game at San Antonio last night, but they rallied to win and remain the final unbeaten team left in the NBA. The Grizzlies had the night off last night, but they have had some great wins of late as well. Memphis took it to the Miami Heat at home earlier this week. The Knicks have the best record in the Eastern Conference, and the Grizzlies have the best record in the Western Conference. This is a battle of two red hot teams on ESPN Friday night.
The New York Knicks have had more controversy surrounding them than just about any other NBA team in the past year. The Knicks have tons of talent, but they haven’t been able to put it all together. That might be changing right now. J.R. Smith has committed himself to the game of basketball in the offseason, and that is bad news for Knicks opponents. Smith is averaging 18 points per game so far this year, and he has made 14 out of 19 shots from beyond the three-point line. Ray Felton was the big hero in last night’s come from behind win. Felton is an underrated player who could help the team quite a bit this year. Jason Kidd also came up with big shots, and we know he can be clutch from the point position.
New York has always been able to score points, but the difference now is that the Knicks can actually play some defense. The Knicks are giving up just 89.8 points per game this year. Ronnie Brewer was a nice acquisition in the offseason, and he should help their defense quite a bit. A healthy Tyson Chandler really helps protect the rim as well.
Memphis hasn’t been able to stay completely healthy in last couple years. It seems like one of their key players is always hurt. When this team is completely healthy, they don’t really have a clear weakness. Mike Conley has turned into a very good point guard, and Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph form a tremendous frontcourt duo. Rudy Gay is the team’s leading scorer, and he can really fill it up from the wing. Jerryd Bayless and Wayne Ellington both give the team some nice depth off the bench.
Memphis blasted the Heat at home earlier in the week, and more recently they humbled Oklahoma City on the road on Wednesday night. The Grizzlies lost their season opener, but they have won six straight games since. Their strength in the frontcourt allows the team to win the battle on the board in most games. In addition, this team has plenty of balance and they can play any style of game. Memphis isn’t a team anyone will want to see come playoff time.
Free Pick: Under 191
The Knicks are unbeaten coming into this one, but I think there is a good chance the Grizzlies will give them their first loss. Six points is a lot to lay though, and I think the under is the better value.
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/17 and 4/18 - April 19, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/14 and 4/15 - April 14, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/10 and 4/11 - April 10, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/7 - April 7, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting April 4 - April 4, 2014