NFL Odds: Week 14 and a Look at the Numbers
The Monday night football game between the New York Giants and the Washington Redskins is not in the books, but the NFL betting lines for the big week of upcoming football are out. All of the teams are scrambling to secure a playoff berth and follow the likes of the New England Patriots and the Houston Texans who have already saved a spot in the NFL post season.
Both teams will face off under the Monday night lights in Week 14 as the Patriots battle the Texans for the top seed in the AFC East. The game is in New England and the Patriots opened as (-4.5) point favorites. The Texans come in as a decent sized underdog and should attract even action in this game.
The Green Bay Packers tied the Chicago Bears with a big win over Minnesota Vikings and in Week 14 they host the Detroit Lions as they attempt to grab a lead in the NFC North. The opening odds have the Packers listed as seven-point chalk at home this week against the Lions who have all but given up on the season after blowing a late lead to the Indianapolis Colts.
The Chicago Bears will try and keep pace with the Packers but may have a tougher time as they are on the NFL highway against the Minnesota Vikings. The Bears are slim 2.5 point road favorites in what has suddenly become a must-win for the Bears as the season winds down.
The Falcons also hit the road as one of the best teams in the NFL as they are (-3.5) point favorites against the Carolina Panthers. In the race for the playoffs all the teams are in a spot where they have to win if they want a shot at the Super bowl.
Latest posts by Cole Ryan (see all)
- Sunday Night Baseball Pick: Baltimore Orioles vs Boston Red Sox - April 20, 2014
- NHL Playoffs Pick: Los Angeles Kings vs San Jose Sharks - April 20, 2014
- NBA Playoffs Pick: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs - April 20, 2014
- 2014 NBA Playoffs Preview: No. 4 Houston Rockets vs. No. 5 Portland Trail Blazers - April 20, 2014
- 2014 NBA Playoffs Preview: No. 4 Chicago Bulls vs. No. 5 Washington Wizards - April 20, 2014