NFL Odds Week 15: Look at the Opening Numbers
The best and the brightest football handicappers are ready to place their wagers the minute the line is released. In fact many professional handicappers have a number in mind before the odds are put out. Then they compare the number they have with the number that is put out and they jump on the odds that seem to be off for one reason or another.
In week 15 the professional handicappers are at work early as the odds hit the big boards in the Vegas sportsbooks. Here are a few of the games that have some interesting opening numbers.
The Seattle Seahawks just completely demolished the Arizona Cardinals and they will be getting plenty of attention from the public. This attention caused the bookmakers to open their line over a field goal, despite the Seahawks long trip for the week and their tendency to struggle on the road against the number.
New Orleans -3.5 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The Buccaneers are mired in the middle of a losing streak and hit the road to take on the Saints. The Saints defense has been awful, but due to their popularity and the Bucs struggles, the oddsmakers still posted this number over a field goal. It will be interesting to see which way the public will swing to keep this number above or below the key number of three.
Houston Texans -9.5 against the Indianapolis Colts
The Houston Texans were demolished against the New England Patriots and now only have a short week to prepare for a divisional game against the Colts. Andrew Luck has proven he can throw and the Texans pass defense is in trouble.
These are just a few of the lines that are jumping off the schedule and if you want to wager like a pro, getting on board early is the way to go.
Latest posts by Cole Ryan (see all)
- 2014 NBA Playoffs Preview: No. 2 Oklahoma City Thunder vs. No. 7 Memphis Grizzlies - April 19, 2014
- 2014 NBA Playoffs Preview: No. 1 Indiana Pacers vs. No. 8 Atlanta Hawks - April 19, 2014
- 2014 NBA Playoffs Preview: No. 3 LA Clippers vs. No. 6 Golden State Warriors - April 19, 2014
- 2014 NBA Playoffs Preview: No. 3 Toronto Raptors vs. No. 6 Brooklyn Nets - April 19, 2014
- NHL Playoffs Pick: Los Angeles Kings vs San Jose Sharks - April 17, 2014