NFL Thursday Night Football Free Pick- Giants vs. Panthers
Date/Time: Thursday, Sept. 20 8:20 p.m. (ET)
Television: NFL Network
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: New York -1
NFL Betting Game Trends
New York Giants
- NY Giants are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of the NY Giants last 9 games
- NY Giants are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of the NY Giants last 7 games when playing Carolina
- Carolina is 8-17 SU in its last 25 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Carolina’s last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Carolina’s last 7 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Carolina’s last 7 games when playing NY Giants
NFL Pick – Week 3
Much in the same way they played in last year’s run to a Super Bowl title; the Giants have remained on the edge to start this season as well. After a 24-17 opening day loss to Dallas as 3.5-point home favorite, they dug themselves into a 27-13 hole against Tampa Bay before Eli Manning decided to get back to work. The result was a thrilling 41-34 victory that avoided a dreaded 0-2 start. They could not cover the nine-point spread at home and the total went well OVER the 43.5-point line after staying UNDER in the Cowboys game.
It is hard to know what to expect from New York on a short week this Thursday night, but you can rest assured the game will not be dull and boring. Manning continued to show resiliency after throwing three interceptions to go along with three touchdowns in the game against Tampa and the offense still has the ability to score from anywhere on the field.
Can Newton showed signs of falling into a sophomore slump in Carolina’s 16-10 opening-day loss to the Buccaneers in a game it was favored to win by three points on the road. The old Cam was back at it this past Sunday in the Panthers 35-27 victory over New Orleans as three-point underdogs at home. He threw for 253 yards and one touchdown while completing 70 percent of his passes. The total in that game went OVER the 53.5-point line.
Carolina is another team that is hard to figure out, but it should be able to move the ball both on the ground and through the air against New York. The return of running back Jonathan Stewart to the lineup provided a much needed boost as the Panthers racked-up 219 yards on the ground against the Saints.
The Giants have obviously shown a propensity for living on the edge this season, but this time it blows up in their face as Carolina pulls-out the win at home on a field goal after Newton leads the Panthers down the field in the closing moments of a Thursday night thriller. Carolina 30 New York 28
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013