NFL Week 1 Picks- 49ers vs. Packers
Date/Time: Sunday, Sept.9 4:25 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Packers -5
NFL Betting Game Trends
San Francisco 49ers
- San Francisco is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of San Francisco’s last 13 games
- San Francisco is 13-3 SU in its last 16 games
- San Francisco is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 6 games on the road
Green Bay Packers
- Green Bay is 21-2 SU in its last 23 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Green Bay’s last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Green Bay’s last 5 games at home
- Green Bay is 14-1 SU in its last 15 games at home
- Green Bay is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing San Francisco
NFL Pick – Week 1
The 49ers open the NFL regular season in the premier matchup of the week that pits the second favorite to win the NFC this season against the odd-on-favorite Packers. It will be a tall task to go into Lambeau Field and beat the home team on opening day, but second-year head coach Jim Harbaugh is looking to keep the momentum from last season’s 13-3 regular-season run and trip to the conference championship game going with a stunning upset on the road.
San Francisco went 3-1 in the preseason both straight-up and against the spread; outscoring its opponents 90 to 53. Its defense looks as solid as ever and quarterback Alex Smith finally has the vote of confidence that he is the right man to lead this team. A couple of injury concerns for the 49ers include running back Brandon Jacobs and wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr, who both remain questionable for Sunday’s game.
Once again, the Packers start the season at the top of the hill as favorites to not only win the NFC but to claim another Super Bowl title for this storied franchise. With just one loss in the regular season last year, Aaron Rodgers and Co. are expected to get off to another fast start this season starting with a victory against their closest competition in the NFC.
The only problem is Green Bay has not really looked the part in the preseason. While you should never put too much weight on four meaningless games, you cannot completely overlook the fact that the Packers scored just two more points than they gave up (74-72) and displayed many of the same problems on defense that plagued this team all last year. Even the offense did not click on all cylinders when the starters were in the game, so it is hard to know what to expect come Sunday.
Conventional wisdom would suggest that the Packers come out smoking in front of the home town crowd, but sometimes it is hard to simply flip a switch to turn things one. This game sets up as a defensive struggle with both offenses’ having a hard time finding the end zone. The 49ers will probably cover in a tight game, but the play in this matchup in on the UNDER. Green Bay 24 San Francisco 20
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013