NFL Week 1 Picks- Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants
Date/Time: Wednesday, Sept.5 8:00 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Giants -4
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Dallas is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Dallas’s last 6 games
- Dallas is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- Dallas is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Dallas’s last 6 games on the road
New York Giants
- NY Giants are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of the NY Giants last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of the NY Giants last 6 games at home
- NY Giants are 8-14-1 ATS in their last 23 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of the NY Giants last 6 games when playing Dallas
NFL Pick – Week 3
Dallas rolls into MetLife Stadium this Wednesday night to kick-off the 2012 NFL regular season in a classic NFC East rivalry game. It comes into this showdown fresh off a 3-1 straight-up (2-2 against the spread) record in the preseason that may have raised more questions with this team than answers. Health remains a primary concern with tight end Jason Witten, wide receiver Miles Austin, and cornerback Mike Jenkins all battling to get back on the field. Witten is actually questionable but it looks like Austin and Jenkins will remain out for this game.
All eyes will be on Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo come Wednesday night. The pressure to win now continues to build in Big D and the nine-year veteran is at the head of the storm. It is hard to blame Romo for last season’s 8-8 record after he completed 66.3 percent of his throws for 4,184 yards and 31 touchdowns. The real question could be the Dallas running game which was unimpressive in the preseason.
The defending Super Bowl Champions went 2-2 SU (3-1 ATS) in the preseason, but head coach Tom Coughlin obviously has some concerns with his team after deciding to play Eli Manning and a number of other starters in the Giants’ fourth preseason game against New England. It is not that the team has looked that bad, it is the fact that New York has yet to fully shake off all the rust from the offseason especially on offense.
The Giants come into this game with some serious health concerns as well. Their defensive line took a major hit with the loss of Chris Canty for the season and they may have to face the Cowboys without wide receiver Hakeem Nicks and defensive back Prince Amukamara in the lineup. Also gone for the year are defensive back Terrell Thomas and defensive lineman Shaun Rogers.
Both team’s offense appears to be a few weeks away from being in regular-season form so this game should boil-down to which defense plays the best. The current four-point spread is right on the money making the UNDER on the total line the solid play for this game. New York 21 Dallas 17
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013