NFL Week 3 Picks- Detroit Lions vs. San Francisco 49ers
Date/Time: Sunday, Sept.16 8:20 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: San Francisco -5.5
NFL Betting Game Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Detroit’s last 6 games
- Detroit is 15-7 SU in its last 22 games
- Detroit is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Detroit’s last 10 games on the road
- Detroit is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
San Francisco 49ers
- San Francisco is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 5 games at home
- San Francisco is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games at home
- San Francisco is 9-2-2 ATS in its last 13 games when playing Detroit
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Francisco’s last 5 games when playing Detroit
NFL Pick – Week 2
Detroit began its quest for a second-straight winning season with a 27-23 victory over St. Louis as a nine-point favorite at home that may have raised more questions than answers for this team. The total went OVER the 46-point line. The Lions rolled-up 355 yards through the air with Matthew Stafford at the helm, but he looked dazed and confused in the first half with three interceptions that led to 13 points for the Rams. He will have to be able to play four full quarters to get by San Francisco this week.
The Lions’ defense did a great job at stopping the run by limiting Steven Jackson to just 53 yards on 21 carries and held Sam Bradford in check with 198 yards through the air. Overall, the defense did its part by holding the Rams to just 251 yards of total offense.
The 49ers made an early statement that they are the team to beat in the NFC this season by rolling into Green Bay and beating the Packers 30-22 as six-point underdogs. San Francisco never trailed in this one and had a 16-7 lead at the half and a 23-7 lead heading into the fourth quarter. Aaron Rodgers made the game interesting with two scoring drives down the stretch, but the 49ers’ defense came up with the plays when it had to.
The interesting matchup in Sunday night’s game will be San Francisco’s rushing attack against Detroit’s run-stoppers up front. Frank Gore gained 112 yards on 16 carries and the team as a whole torched the Packers with a total of 186 yards on the ground. If the 49ers can produce the same kind of effort against the Lions, they will easily find themselves at 2-0 to start the year.
Detroit’s defense should be able to keep this game close well into the second half, but in the end the 49ers have just too much talent on both sides of the ball to lose this game at home in front of a prime time audience on Sunday Night Football. Be sure to watch both head coaches at the end of this game after San Francisco streaks to its second-straight win over Detroit with Jim Harbaugh at the helm. San Francisco 27 Detroit 17
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013