Duke Blue Devils vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons Free Pick
College Basketball Picks
Date/Time: Wednesday January 30, 8:00 pm EST
College Basketball Odds from VietBet Sportsbook
Point Spread: Duke -13.5
Basketball Betting Game Trends
Duke Blue Devils
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Duke’s last 5 games on the road
- Duke is 9-2 SU in its last 11 games on the road
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
- Wake Forest is 7-14 ATS in its last 21 games when playing Duke
- Wake Forest is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Duke
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Wake Forest’s last 6 games when playing Duke
- Wake Forest is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
NCAA Basketball Pick
Duke only has two straight-up losses on the season, but last Wednesday’s 90-63 blow-out at the hands of No.14 Miami as a 2.5-point road favorite had to raise some eyebrows concerning the overall state of this team. The Blue Devils responded by hammering a decent Maryland team 84-64 as 12-point favorites at home this past Saturday. They are now 17-2 straight-up on the year and 11-8 against the spread. The total has gone OVER in their last four games.
Led by Mason Plumlee and Seth Curry, Duke is averaging 78.2 points a game while shooting 46.4 percent from the field. Plumlee leads the team with 17.4 points and 11.2 rebounds a game with Curry chipping-in another 15.7 points while hitting a solid 42.9 percent of his shots from three point range. Overall, the Blue Devils has shown good balance with a total of five different players scoring in double figures.
It will take a miracle for the Demon Deacons to stun Duke like Miami did. They have dropped three of their last four games to fall to 10-9 SU overall and 3-4 in ACC play. You would think that Wake Forest might have a chance to cover considering its respectable 11-5-1 record ATS, but it is just 2-2 ATS in its last four games. The total has gone OVER in three of its last five outings.
Both Travis McKie and CJ Harris would have to play the game of their lives for the Demon Deacons to have any have a shot at keeping things close. Each is averaging around 15 points a game with McKie leading the way under the boards with eight rebounds a game. Overall, the team is averaging 68.1 points a game and shooting 43.4 percent from the field. Harris is connecting on 43.2 percent of his shots from the three-point range, but overall the team is shooting just 36 percent from outside the arc.
Not only will Wake Forest be completely outmatched in just about every phase of the game in this contest, it will be facing a team that is sure to have its guard up after last week’s miscue on the road. Look for Duke to score early and often in this one to quickly remove the risk of any upset plans the Demon Deacons may have had in mind in front of their home-town fans.
Duke 78 Wake Forest 63
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013