College Basketball Picks
Date/Time: January 26th, 7:00 pm ET
College Basketball Odds from Bokmaker Sportsbook
Point Spread: Check Back Later
Total: Check Back Later
Basketball Betting Game Trends
North Carolina Tar Heels
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of North Carolina’s last 8 games when playing on the road against North Carolina St
- North Carolina is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against North Carolina St
- North Carolina is 10-3 SU in its last 13 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of North Carolina’s last 6 games on the road
North Carolina State Wolfpack
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of North Carolina State’s last 8 games when playing at home against North Carolina
- North Carolina State is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against North Carolina
- North Carolina State is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing North Carolina
- North Carolina State is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games when playing North Carolina
- North Carolina State is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against North Carolina
NCAA Basketball Pick – January 26th
Rivals from Tobacco Road are going to meet up in NCAA basketball betting action on Saturday night, when the North Carolina State Wolfpack play host to the North Carolina Tar Heels.
Over the course of the last few games, the Tar Heels have probably put themselves firmly into the NCAA Tournament. They have beaten three straight teams from the lowly ACC, but each victory against the Florida State Seminoles, Maryland Terrapins, and Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets has gotten more emphatic than the last. If that keeps up in this one and the Heels pull off the upset, they’ll definitely be on the right side of the bubble barring a collapse down the stretch. F James Michael McAdoo is going to be under the gun in this one, as he is really the only big man that UNC has to bring to the table to counter some of the other greats that the Wolfpack are going to have out there. McAdoo has four straight games with at least 14 points, and he has put up at least six boards and at least 10 points in nine straight games.
NC State is a puzzling team right now. Once thought to potentially challenge as a No. 1 seed for the NCAA Tournament, the Wolfpack are falling quickly, and their loss to the Wake Forest Demon Deacons midweek was their third straight very puzzling result. They just barely slipped past the Clemson Tigers prior to that, and were beaten before that by a struggling Maryland Terrapins outfit. Losing this one could setup some problems for a team that has three of its next four on the road. NCSU really shouldn’t be struggling, knowing that it has six players that are all averaging 9.9 points per game or better. All of the parts are interchangeable, as long as one of the big men is out there and a few of the guards are in the lineup as well. F Richard Howell is averaging a double-double per game, and he and G Lorenzo Brown both had double-doubles against the Demon Deacons. F CJ Leslie is the man that has to be great to counter McAdoo, though. He is averaging 15.3 points and 6.8 rebounds per game.
One would like to think that the Wolfpack are going to be able to get back on the horse when they take on an arch rival that has beaten them 13 straight times, but we just aren’t all that sure that that will be the case. Up until the ACC Tournament last year, the Heels had covered seven in a row in this series as well, and that’s a big, big stat in a matchup that really should come down to the wire. North Carolina 78 – NC State 74
is a staff writer living in the Orlando area. He has covered NFL, MLB, college football, CFL, AFL, NBA, college basketball, NASCAR, golf, tennis, and the NHL for a number of various outlets in his career, and he has been published by a number of different media outlets, including the Orlando Sentinel and the Wall Street Journal.