NY Yankees vs Atlanta Braves Pick
Starting Pitchers: Kuroda (Yankees) vs. Hudson (Braves)
Date/Time: Wednesday, June 13 7:10 p.m. (ET)
Television: MLB Network
MLB Betting Odds from VietBet
Moneyline: New York +105 Atlanta -115
MLB Betting Game Trends
New York Yankees
- NY Yankees are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of NY Yankees’s last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games on the road
- NY Yankees are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of NY Yankees’s last 8 games when playing Atlanta
- Atlanta is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Atlanta’s last 10 games at home
- Atlanta is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Atlanta’s last 8 games when playing NY Yankees
New York took Game 1 of this series 3-0 on Monday night as a 109 road favorite with Ivan Nova on the mound. The victory moved the Yankees into a tie with Tampa Bay atop the AL East with an overall record of 35-25. They have now won four straight and eight of their last 10 games heading into Game 2 of this series on Tuesday night. New York is 4-1 in their last five road games and 16-13 on the road overall. The total has now stayed ‘under’ in seven of its last nine games.
The Yankee bats have pounded-out 21 runs in this four game tear but it has been their pitching that has them back on top in the East. Hiroki Kuroda is slated to get the start in this one for New York. The right-hander is 2-0 with a 0.82 ERA in his last three starts and is 5-6 overall with an ERA of 3.46. He took a liner off the foot his last time out but is still expected to be ready to go on Wednesday night. Kuroda is 1-4 against the Braves but sporting a 2.10 ERA.
Atlanta’s up and down season is back on the rise. Despite Monday night’s loss it is 7-3 in its last 10 games and three games in back of Washington for the lead in the NL East. The Braves are 34-27 overall and 14-13 at Turner Field. The total has stayed ‘under’ in six of their last nine games.
Streaky is the best way to describe this team after losing eight of 10 to close-out the month a May only to go on a recent six-game winning streak before losing its last two. When the Braves’ bats are clicking they have one of the most potent offenses in the National League. Pitching has also been sketchy at times and their overall team ERA of 4.06 is ranked 10th in the NL.
Tim Hudson is scheduled to get the start for Atlanta. He took an extra three-days rest to nurse a sore ankle after shutting out Miami last Tuesday. The right-hander is 4-2 on the year with a 3.83 ERA in eight previous starts. He has been erratic this season to say the least. Hudson has given-up two or less earned runs in five starts and a total of 18 earned runs in his other three. He is 1-3 against the Yankees with a 3.78 ERA.
Look for both starters to be on in this one to keep this a low scoring affair into the later innings. Stick with the Braves to chalk up the win at home to close-out the series on a high note. Atlanta 4 New York 3
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013