Oregon Ducks vs. St. Louis Billikens Pick
March Madness Picks
Date/Time: Saturday March 23, 2013 7:10 pm EST
College Basketball Odds from Wagerweb
Point Spread: St. Louis -4
Basketball Betting Game Trends
- Oregon is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 non-conference games.
- Oregon is 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a S.U. win.
- Oregon is 17-6-1 ATS in their last 24 games following a ATS win.
- Over is 5-0 in Oregon’s last 5 Saturday games.
- Under is 11-2 in Oregon’s last 13 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Under is 4-1 in Oregon’s last 5 non-conference games.
St. Louis Billikens
- St Louis is 7-0 ATS in their last 7 Saturday games.
- St Louis is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after allowing less than 50 points in their previous game.
- St Louis is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 NCAA Tournament games.
- St Louis is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 non-conference games.
- St Louis is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 neutral site games.
The Oregon Ducks were dissed with a number 12 seed by the selection committee, and they took their anger out on the Oklahoma State Cowboys on Thursday afternoon. Oregon dominated the fifth seeded Cowboys from the start. St. Louis had absolutely no problem with the New Mexico State Aggies in their opening game on Thursday. The Billikens are really rolling right now. Let’s take a closer look at this interesting matchup.
The Oregon Ducks were always much better than a number 12 seed, which is why myself and nearly everyone else was stunned to see them show up on the #12 line last Sunday. Dana Altman’s team beat some very good teams when they were completely healthy this year, and they are close to 100 percent right now. The Ducks have a very skilled big man in Arsalan Kazemi who simply doesn’t get enough credit for his talent. Kazemi leads the team in rebounding and steals and he is a 6’7 forward who can guard any position on the floor. He’ll be a tough matchup for the Billikens.
Oregon’s strength is their athleticism all over the floor. In addition to having a very skilled big man, the Ducks have a terrific tandem at point guard in Dominic Artis and Johnathan Loyd. Carlos Emory and Damyean Dotson have both come on at the wing positions late in the year. Dotson had 17 points in the big win over Oklahoma State Thursday. While the Ducks are a high powered offense, their defense is pretty solid as well. Opponents shoot 41.2 percent from the floor against Oregon.
St. Louis has flown under the radar for most of the year, but some people are finally starting to see how good this team really is of late. The Billikens are an extremely dangerous team because of their style of play and solid fundamentals. St. Louis rarely turns the ball over, and the Billikens are very good defensively. They beat Butler three times and handled VCU’s full court pressure at the end of the season. How good has St. Louis been all year? They are 22-10 ATS for the season.
Nine players average at least 11 minutes per game, so depth is a major strength for this Billikens team. Jordair Jett and Kwamain Mitchell are a nice tag team in the backcourt. Jett is a very strong guard who can get to the basket and Mitchell is a good outside shooter. Cody Ellis, Dwayne Evans, and Rob Loe are all very versatile big men who can step out and knock down shots from the outside. St. Louis likes to slow the game down and win with their strong defense. The Billikens are only giving up 57.9 points per game, which is 15th best in the nation.
Free Pick: St. Louis -4
This really is a battle of two teams who have been underrated all year, but I like St. Louis’ ability to take care of the basketball. I think they find a way to win a relatively close game.
St. Louis 65 Oregon 59
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Basketball Pick: Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Penn State Nittany Lions - February 27, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Cal Golden Bears vs. Arizona Wildcats - February 26, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Florida Gators vs. Vanderbilt Commodores - February 25, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Louisville vs. Cincinnati - February 22, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Michigan State Spartans vs. Purdue Boilermakers - February 20, 2014