Pacific vs. Miami Pick
College Basketball Picks
Date/Time: March 22, 2:10 pm ET
College Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Miami -12
Basketball Betting Game Trends
- Over is 4-0 in Pacific’s last 4 NCAA Tournament games
- Over is 5-1 in Pacific’s last 6 Friday games
- Pacific is 5-0-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record
- Pacific is 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a S.U. win
- Pacific is 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall
- Miami is 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS win
- Miami is 18-7-1 ATS in their last 26 games following a S.U. win
- Miami is 5-2-1 ATS in their last 8 Friday games
- Under is 6-0-1 in Hurricanes last 7 non-conference games
- Over is 6-0 in Miami’s last 6 games following a ATS win
- Over is 6-0 in Miami’s last 6 NCAA Tournament games
- Over is 5-1 in Miami’s last 6 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600
The Pacific Tigers are representing the Big West Conference this year, and they are going to be taking their shots at an upset on the college basketball odds when they take on the Miami Hurricanes.
The Tigers haven’t been in the NCAA Tournament since 2006, and they have done a great job of historically staying close in games like this. Pacific has won seven games in a row, and it is 4-2-1 ATS in those games. The team did only go 22-12 for the season though, a record that certainly isn’t enviable. The Tigers do have a couple of respectable wins, namely against the St. Mary’s Gaels and the Xavier Musketeers, so we know that they can play with some big time teams. This isn’t a team that has a ton of great scorers on it, as G Lorenzo McCloud leads the team with just 11.4 points per game. This is a deep team though, knowing that seven other scorers are averaging at least 4.6 points per game, all of which could put together a double-digit scoring effort if given the opportunity to shine. All of these men are going to have to have big time games if the Tigers are going to even remotely have a chance at the upset.
The Canes really came out of nowhere this season to be one of the best teams in college basketball. They not only won the regular season ACC title, but they also ultimately won the ACC Tournament as well. Miami knocked off great teams like the Duke Blue Devils this year, but in the end, it also lost to teams that are comparable to this one. The losses to the Indiana State Sycamores, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, and Florida Gulf Coast Eagles are mind bending, to say the least. G Shane Larkin is playing out of his mind right now, and he is averaging 14.6 points and 4.4 assists per game on the campaign. He is just one of the tremendous stars that this team is bringing to the table. G Durand Scott, F Kenny Kadji, F Julian Gamble, and C Reggie Johnson are all monsters as well, and they are all going to have the ability to have great NCAA Tournaments if the Canes are set to go on a run.
However, we think that “The U” has to be careful in this one. The Hurricanes have been a public team to bet over the course of the first few days of betting action in the dance, but we really think that Pacific has the chance to stick around in this game. This is a real neutral site game, knowing that this one in Austin is going to be played nowhere near either of these campuses, and that’s going to give the real edge if this one stays close to the Tigers. They might not win it, but they’ll push Miami for the full 40 minutes. Miami 70 – Pacific 64