Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers MLB Free Pick
Starting Pitchers: Pittsburgh (Correia) vs. Milwaukee (Estrada)
Date/Time: July 14, 7:10 P.M. EST
Television: MLB Network
MLB Odds from Bookmaker
Moneyline: Milwaukee (-139) Pittsburgh (+129)
MLB Betting Game Trends
- Pittsburgh is 10-3 SU in its last 13 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Pittsburgh’s last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Pittsburgh’s last 10 games on the road
- Pittsburgh is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Pittsburgh’s last 7 games when playing Milwaukee
- Milwaukee is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Milwaukee’s last 12 games
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Milwaukee’s last 12 games at home
- Milwaukee is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Milwaukee’s last 7 games when playing Pittsburgh
For baseball fans to pick up the newspaper in the morning and see the Pittsburgh Pirates at the top of the NL Central has to be a little strange. The Pirates have stunned the baseball world so far this year, and they aren’t showing signs of slowing down. The Milwaukee Brewers are more accustomed to winning, but they can’t quite get on track this year. Milwaukee did take the first game of this series in a slugfest Friday night. Who will win Game Two?
Andrew McCutchen is the number one reason the Pirates have become a brand new team over the past couple years. McCutchen is turning into one of baseball’s biggest super stars. He is a legitimate National League MVP candidate this season. McCutchen is a five-tool player who gets the job done on a daily basis. Pittsburgh has had many other guys step up over the last couple months. This offense was dreadful in the first two months of the year, but they have been scoring runs in bunches of late. Casey McGehee and Pedro Alvarez are two guys who have really stepped up their production in recent weeks.
The Pirates pitching staff has been amazing this year. Pittsburgh has had one of the best team ERA’s in the majors all year long. Kevin Correia has been inconsistent this year, but he has been better on the road than he has been at home. Joel Hanrahan is having a brilliant season as the team’s closer.
Ryan Braun swatted two home runs to lead the Brewers to a victory last night. Braun has quietly been putting up some enormous numbers over the past few weeks. Even though the Brewers aren’t very close to the top of the standings right now, Braun is still having another banner season. Rickie Weeks and Corey Hart are having very disappointing seasons, and that has held the team back quite a bit. Aramis Ramirez was brought in to hit behind Braun, but Ramirez is having a subpar season.
The main reason the Brewers aren’t contending in the NL Central right now is their pitching staff. This group was very good last year, but they have been much worse than expected so far this year. Marco Estrada wasn’t expected to be a starter for this team, but after injuries he was placed into the rotation. Estrada doesn’t have overpowering stuff, but he works hard on the mound.
MLB Free Pick: Pirates ML
The Brewers aren’t a bad team, but they shouldn’t be laying this big of a number on the Pirates. The Pirates are 5-0 in Correia’s last 5 starts against the NL Central. Pittsburgh still isn’t getting the kind of respect they deserve from the oddsmakers. I like the value on the Pirates in this one.
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/14 and 4/15 - April 14, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/10 and 4/11 - April 10, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/7 - April 7, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting April 4 - April 4, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting March 31 - March 31, 2014