Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cincinnati Bengals Free Pick
Date/Time: Sunday, Oct.21 8:20 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Steelers -2.5
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Pittsburgh is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games
- Pittsburgh is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- Pittsburgh is 12-6 SU in its last 18 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Pittsburgh’s last 12 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Cincinnati’s last 8 games
- Cincinnati is 3-9-3 ATS in its last 15 games
- Cincinnati is 1-5-1 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Cincinnati’s last 9 games at home
- Cincinnati is 2-9 SU in its last 11 games when playing Pittsburgh
NFL Pick – Week 7
It has been an up and down ride for the Steelers so far with a 2-3 record straight-up and a 1-4 record against the spread. They will quickly have to put last Thursday’s heart-breaking 26-23 loss to Tennessee as 5.5-point road favorite out of their mind to avoid falling into a huge hole in the AFC North.
Ben Roethlisberger has Pittsburgh’s offense ranked seventh in the NFL in passing yards per game, but what is missing is the ability to consistently run the ball. Rashard Mendenhall briefly returned to the lineup and made an impact in Week 5 against Philadelphia, but an Achilles injury in last week’s game has him questionable for Sunday night. On the defensive side of the ball, safety Troy Polamalu is once again out of the lineup and linebacker LaMarr Woodley remains questionable with a tweaked hamstring.
Cincinnati is another team that is searching for consistency on a week-to-week basis. After road wins against Washington and Jacksonville, it returned home to lose to Miami and was pummeled last Sunday by Cleveland 34-24 as a one-point road favorite. The end result is a 3-3 SU (2-3-1 ATS) record in its first six games.
The Bengals have also struggled to run the ball this season with an average of 99.3 yards per game. Andy Dalton continues to progress as a big-time quarterback in the NFL with 1,726 yards passing and 12 touchdowns so far but he has also been picked off nine times. Cincinnati’s defense is limiting teams to less than 350 yards of total offense a game, but is still allowing over 27 points a game on the scoreboard.
This game is almost a must-win for Pittsburgh considering that Baltimore only has one loss in its first six games. The Steelers have always had the ability to bounce-back from a poor showing with head coach Mike Tomlin at the helm and Sunday night should prove to be a case in point with a victory on the road that covers the 2.5 points. Pittsburgh 28 Cincinnati 23
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013