Rays and Red Sox face-off at Fenway
Starting Pitchers: Starting Pitchers: Cobb (Tampa Bay) vs. Lester (Boston)
Date/Time: Friday, May 25 7:10 p.m.
Television: MLB Network
MLB Odds from VietBet
Moneyline: Moneyline: Tampa Bay +115 Boston -125
MLB Betting Game Trends
Tampa Bay Rays
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Tampa Bay’s last 10 games on the road
- Tampa Bay is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Boston
- Tampa Bay is 10-5 SU in its last 15 games when playing Boston
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Boston
Boston Red Sox
- Boston is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston’s last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 17 of Boston’s last 25 games at home
- Boston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- Boston is 5-10 SU in its last 15 games when playing Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay’s 5-4 walk-off victory over Toronto as a 118 home favorite this past Wednesday night was just its third in the last seven games, but it improved the team’s overall record to 27-18. This keeps the Rays just a game in back of Baltimore for the lead in the AL East. They are now 17-7 at home and now go on the road for three games where they are still under .500 at 10-11. The total has gone 18-23 in 45 games.
The Rays’ lineup continues to do a good job at producing runs this season considering the team is ranked 10th in the AL in hitting with a team batting average of .246 but ranked sixth in scoring with 197 total runs. Tampa Bay will go with Alex Cobb as its starter on Friday night. The right-hander made his first start of the season last Saturday and held Atlanta to two runs on six hits in seven innings to get the win.
Boston has now managed to win their last five series after taking two of three against the first-place Orioles earlier this week, but it is still just 21-21 on the year and 5.5 games back in the division after suffering through another painfully slow start. The Red Sox are 13-11 on the road but still under .500 at home. The total has gone ‘over’ in four of their last six games.
Hitting has not been the issue for Boston this season with a .273 team batting average and the second-most runs in the AL with 236, but pitching has been a whole other story. Its 4.64 team ERA is ranked second to last in the league The Red Sox will send Jon Lester to the mound in this one. The left-hander is 3-3 on the year with an ERA of 3.95 and a 1.30 WHIP. He gave-up four earned runs in his last outing after surrendering just two runs in his previous two starts. Lester is 10-6 against the Rays with a 3.91 ERA.
Stick with Lester to return to form as the Red Sox take the early edge in Game 1 in this three-game AL East showdown. Boston 5 Tampa Bay 3
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013