Robert Morris vs. Providence NIT Pick
College Basketball Picks
Date/Time: March 25th, 7:00 pm ET
College Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Providence -9.5
Basketball Betting Game Trends
Robert Morris Colonials
- Robert Morris is 8-2 ATS in their last 10 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Robert Morris is 8-2 ATS in their last 10 non-conference games.
- Robert Morris is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Robert Morris is 8-2 ATS in their last 10 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Providence is 15-35-1 ATS in their last 51 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Providence is 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 non-conference games.
- Providence is 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Providence is 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Providence is 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
The sweethearts of the NIT, the Robert Morris Colonials are going to be back on the court once again in college basketball betting action in the second round of the NIT against the Providence Friars.
For all of the great moments that the first week of the NCAA Tournament has given us, there aren’t many moments were as great as watching the students of Robert Morris storm the court after the team took down the defending National Champions, the Kentucky Wildcats on the first day of the NIT. The Colonials didn’t play their best, but they didn’t have to, knowing that Kentucky largely looked disinterested and never really wanted to play in the game, particularly in a tiny little 3,000-seat arena. F Lucky Jones was the team’s leading scorer in that game against UK, and he is one of the six players on this team that are averaging at least 8.4 points per game this year. Lucky is also the team leader with 6.0 boards per game to go with his 11.9 points per game. Robert Morris also knocked down all 14 of its free throws, and that’s the type of efficiency that it is going to need if it is going to beat a second straight team from a power conference.
The door really has opened here for the Friars, who have been playing rock solid basketball over the course of the last month and a half or so. In their first round win over the Charlotte 49ers, G Bryce Cotton had 25 points, G Vincent Council scored 16, and two other players had 13 and 14 points. Providence really did well on the glass in that game with F Kadeem Batts and F LaDontae Henton, and both of these men are going to have the ability to have a double-double once again in this one. Cotton though, is the man that really is going to have no equal on the court. This was one of the most proficient scorers in the entire Big East this year, and his 19.6 points per game was no fluke. This is a man that can flat out shoot the basketball, and during that run that started all of the magic for the Friars in this building, wins over the Syracuse Orange and the Louisville Cardinals, Cotton hit just a ton of shots in clutch situations.
Robert Morris was a great story, but the time is here for it to go home. The little guys don’t ultimately win tournaments like this one, and this is the end of the road. If you’re betting on the Colonials, you’re betting on emotions, and we just don’t see how they are going to be able to hang with the Friars in Providence. Providence 77 – Robert Morris 65
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- Cowboys vs. Bears Monday Night Football Prop Picks - December 9, 2013
- Mountain West Championship Game Pick: Utah State vs. Fresno State - December 6, 2013
- SEC Championship Game Pick: Missouri vs. Auburn - December 6, 2013
- Pac-12 Championship Game Pick: Stanford vs. Arizona State - December 6, 2013
- NFL Betting: NFL Matchups for Week 14 - December 6, 2013