San Antonio Spurs vs. Chicago Bulls NBA Pick
Date/Time: Monday, Feb.11, 8 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Chicago -2.5
NBA Betting Trends
San Antonio Spurs
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of San Antonio’s last 16 games when playing on the road against Chicago
- San Antonio is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games when playing on the road against Chicago
- San Antonio is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Chicago
- San Antonio is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Chicago
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of San Antonio’s last 9 games when playing Chicago
- Chicago is 4-10 ATS in its last 14 games when playing at home against San Antonio
- Chicago is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games when playing at home against San Antonio
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Chicago’s last 16 games when playing at home against San Antonio
- Chicago is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing San Antonio
- Chicago is 7-18 SU in its last 25 games when playing San Antonio
The Spurs are still without the services of both Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili, but they are 2-1 both straight-up and against the spread in the first three games of an extended road trip including a 111-86 rout of Brooklyn on Sunday as 2.5-point favorites. San Antonio is now 40-12 SU (29-21-2 ATS) overall and 18-10 SU (16-12 ATS) on the road. The total has gone OVER in five of its last eight games.
Without two of their top scorers in the lineup, the Spurs have turned to Tony Parker and to a lesser extent Danny Green to help fill the void on a team that is ranked fourth in the NBA in scoring with 104.4 points a game. Parker is averaging a team-high 20.7 points and Green is chipping-in just over ten points a game, but Parker put up 29 points in the win over the Nets while Green has scored a combined 29 points in the last two games.
Chicago is still without Kirk Hinrich, who remains out with an elbow injury, but should have Joakim Noah available as he battles through a nagging foot injury. With a lineup that is also less than 100 percent, the Bulls have gone 4-3 SU in their last seven games (with the last six played on the road) to climb to 30-20 SU on the year. They are well under .500 ATS at 21-29 and downright costly at home at 7-19 ATS (15-11 SU). The total has gone OVER in four of their last six games.
Luol Deng (17.0 points) and Carlos Boozer (15.8 points) are Chicago’s top two scorers but Noah remains the work horse with a team-high 11.2 rebounds, 1.3 steals and 2.0 blocks a game while averaging 11.9 points. As a whole, the Bulls are ranked 26th in the league in scoring with 93.7 points a game, but the primary strength lies in a defense that is ranked third in points allowed (91.7).
The Spurs remain one of the top teams in the league and have shown the ability to still win short-handed, but it will be a pretty tall task to up-end the Bulls on the road playing their third game in four nights. Stick with Chicago all the way in this one as it returns home with a big defensive effort to secure the win.
Chicago 98 San Antonio 94
DJ is a freelance writer that concentrates on his true passion in life; the world of sports. He produces a number of articles each week for BangTheBook.com as well as a select group of other websites that specialize in providing the most up-to-date information for the sports gaming industry. His goal is to write insightful articles on a wide variety of sporting topics that can provide an edge to today's sophisticated online player.