San Antonio Spurs vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Free NBA Pick
San Antonio Spurs vs. Minnesota Timberwolves NBA Picks
Date/Time: Wednesday, February 6, 9 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: San Antonio -7.5
NBA Betting Trends
San Antonio Spurs
- San Antonio is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games when playing on the road against Minnesota
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of San Antonio’s last 13 games when playing on the road against Minnesota
- San Antonio is 18-2 SU in its last 20 games when playing Minnesota
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Antonio’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Minnesota
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Antonio’s last 7 games when playing Minnesota
- Minnesota is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games when playing at home against San Antonio
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Minnesota’s last 13 games when playing at home against San Antonio
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 6 games when playing at home against San Antonio
- Minnesota is 2-18 SU in its last 20 games when playing San Antonio
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota’s last 7 games when playing San Antonio
The San Antonio Spurs will be going for its 11th-straight victory on Wednesday night at the Target Center, but it will not be easy with two of its top players out of the lineup. Manu Ginobili already missed his last start with a tight hamstring and Tim Duncan is nursing both a knee and ankle strain. That means it will be up to Tony Parker and a strong supporting cast to try and keep the streak alive.
The Spurs recent run has them 38-11 straight-up on the year and 27-20-2 against the spread. They are 16-9 SU (14-11 ATS) on the road this season and the total has stayed UNDER in seven of their last 10 games. While the team remains one of the highest scoring in the league with 104.1 points a game, its elevated play on defense is the primary reason for the extended winning streak.
When Kevin Love went down with a fractured hand in early January so did the Minnesota Timberwolves chances to make a run at a playoff spot in the West. Since then, they have gone 3-13 SU to fall to 18-27 SU (20-24-1 ATS) on the year. They come into this contest with just one victory in their last eight games and a 2-5-1 record ATS. The total has gone OVER in five of their last six games.
Making matters worse for Wednesday night, it looks like Andrei Kirilenko will be out of the lineup with a strained quad. He is averaging 13.3 points and 6.3 rebounds while starting 41 games this season. The Timberwolves simply do not have the necessary depth to replace this kind of production especially under the boards considering the Love was averaging 14 rebounds a game before he went down. Sheer grit and determination is Minnesota’s only hope in this game.
Even with Duncan and Ginobili out of the lineup for the Spurs, they should be able to still squeeze out a SU victory to keep their streak alive. The big question is what will the final spread on this game be once both team’s starting lineups are actually set? As long as you can get six or seven points, a small play on the Timberwolves is the way to go as they will not go down without a fight against one of the NBA’s best.
San Antonio 98 Minnesota 94
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013