San Antonio Spurs vs. Utah Jazz Pick
Date/Time: December 12, 10:30 pm EST
Basketball Odds from Bookmaker
Point Spread: Spurs -3.5
NBA Betting Trends
San Antonio Spurs
- San Antonio is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Utah
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Antonio’s last 6 games when playing Utah
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Antonio’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Utah
- San Antonio is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Utah
- Utah is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against San Antonio
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Utah’s last 6 games when playing at home against San Antonio
- Utah is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing San Antonio
- Utah is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against San Antonio
One of the best road teams in the NBA matches up against one of the best home teams in the NBA in Salt Lake City on Wednesday night. The San Antonio Spurs are 11-2 away from home this year. The Utah Jazz are 8-1 on their home floor. San Antonio has been one of the best road teams in the league for several straight seasons, and the Jazz always fare well at home thanks a tremendous home court advantage at Energy Solutions Arena.
The San Antonio Spurs are off to an 18-4 start to the season. Through the first quarter of the season, the Spurs once again have the best record in the NBA. Every year this team is expected to slip, and they just haven’t been doing it. Still, it’s been a while since they have won an NBA title, and this team realizes they don’t have many more chances with the current group. It’s the Spurs high-flying offense that is leading the way again this year. San Antonio is second in the NBA in points per game at 105.9 per contest.
Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Jackson are both close to returning, but they aren’t expected to be ready for this game. Tim Duncan’s numbers are up across the board from the past couple years. Duncan is shooting better than 50 percent from the floor, and he is shooting 80 percent from the free throw line. The Spurs depth is something that separates them from most of the NBA. The Spurs second group of players is absolutely capable of playing with just about any team in the league.
The Utah Jazz are just 12-10 on the year, but they are nearly unbeatable at home. Utah is coming off a big win at Staples Center over the Lakers on Sunday night. The Jazz have won three games in a row. Utah’s strength is in the paint where they have Paul Millsap, Al Jefferson, and Derrick Favors. Favors is turning into an elite shot blocker, and Jefferson and Millsap are the team’s leading scorers. Marvin Williams is the new guy on the wing for the Jazz. If Williams can live up to his potential, he could make a big difference for this team. Enes Kanter is a talent-filled rookie who has showed flashes of brilliance this year.
Mo Williams, Randy Foye, and Gordon Hayward are the leaders for this team in the backcourt. This group is a little inconsistent, but this unit is better than it was last season. Utah has struggled a bit on the defensive end this year. The Jazz are allowing opponents to shoot 45.3 percent from the floor, which is 23rd in the NBA.
Free Pick: Over 208
The Spurs offense is really in a groove right now. San Antonio has put up 100 points or more in nine of their last ten games. Utah should at least keep it close on their home floor. I like this one to be high scoring.
San Antonio 109 Utah 103
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/14 and 4/15 - April 14, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/10 and 4/11 - April 10, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/7 - April 7, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting April 4 - April 4, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting March 31 - March 31, 2014