Sean Higgs’ AFC East Preview
Here we go with my thoughts on the AFC East – Sean Higgs
1. New England Patriots – This team will win 10+ games for the 11th straight year. Brady will again lead one of the top 5 offenses in the league. The weak spot is the defense and they spent 2 first rounders and their first 6 draft picks on that side of the ball. This team is a Super Bowl contender and if Belichick gets the defense out of the bottom 3rd and just to middle of the road, then watch out.
2. NY Jets – This is nearly a defecto selection. I don’t think the Bills are here yet and I think Miami will struggle. This team can easily crash into a 4-12 season. Rex Ryan has his toughest job yet. Tebow will add some excitement for sure. What effect will it have on Sanchez? I can’t argue with the talent or the favorable schedule. It’s everything else in this circus you need to worry about!
3. Buffalo Bills- Chan Gailey and new DC Dave Wannstedt. Wow. It is a Dallas Cowboys reunion on the sideline. FA signee Mario Williams will help the defense. It is funny that they have a 7th round QB starting in Fitzpatrick and undrafted RBI Fred Jackson in the backfield when you have former 1st rounders Vince Young and CJ Spiller on the bench. Welcome to Buffalo. If things fall into place the Bils could compete for a 2nd place finish and a wild card birth.
4. Miami Dolphins- I like Matt Moore but he will be pushed by David Garrard. I read they may cut one of the vets and toss rookie Ryan Tannehill the backup reigns. But really does it even matter when you have the worse receivers in e league? I like some of the defense, but I can’t see more than 6 wins here. At least they have the Heat!
Latest posts by cappers (see all)
- Odds to Win the 2013 BCS Championship by Joe D’Amico - August 30, 2012
- NFL Values on Over/Under Total Wins by Joe D’Amico - August 30, 2012
- NFL Odds to Win it All by Joe D’Amico - August 30, 2012
- 2012 Sun Belt Conference Football Predictions - August 23, 2012
- 2012 WAC Conference Football Predictions - August 23, 2012