Sean Higgs Horizon League Tournament Preview
Horizon Tournament play tips off Tuesday the 28th. Everyone knows about the run Butler put together in back to back Championship Game appearences.
First off you have to know that the home court is in play here. This isn’t the Big East and everyone shows up at MSG.
Valpo (21-10) is the top seed after a 14-2 run in conference, but Cleveland State (22-9) 12-6 in conference appears to be the favorite with the return of D’Aundray Brown.
We can’t count out the aforementioned Bulldogs of Butler. I had Butler on Friday getting slapped around against Valpo, but I would think they will be ready for a rematch.
My sleeper team to win the conference though will be the Detroit Titans. I have been high on this team all year. They started extremely slow and sometimes appear to just take games off. That being said, I still like their size and ability. They are talented with McCallum and Simon in the backcourt, plus big man Holman in the middle. Forwards Anderson and Lowe are a couple other nice pieces.
With byes for the leaders and home court a big advantage here, I find it hard to pick a bottom tier team to pull off a miracle run.
Latest posts by cappers (see all)
- Odds to Win the 2013 BCS Championship by Joe D’Amico - August 30, 2012
- NFL Values on Over/Under Total Wins by Joe D’Amico - August 30, 2012
- NFL Odds to Win it All by Joe D’Amico - August 30, 2012
- 2012 Sun Belt Conference Football Predictions - August 23, 2012
- 2012 WAC Conference Football Predictions - August 23, 2012