Sean Higgs WCC Tournament thoughts
All games are being played at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas. 1 seed St Mary’s and 2 seed Gonzaga have byes till the semi-finals.
Favorites. Well you probably heard of this Gonzaga team before. St Mary’s is a good club and showed it by winning their first outright conference title since 1989.
The Sleepers. I am not going to call BYU a sleeper. I mean 24-7 on the year and 12-4 in conference is not really laying in the weeds. I will call on the Dons of San Francisco to be my sleeper. These guys just closed out the season playing St Mary’s 67-60 loss, Gonzaga 66-65 win, and BYU 85-84 loss all at home. That is about as tough a 3 game stretch as a team could play. We can argue they could have gone 0-3, 3-0 or 2-1. SF is the sleeper of the WCC.
Wasted Money. The bottom of this conference is really terrible. Santa Clara went 0-16 in conference and Portland State 3-13 with Pepperdine at 4-12. None of those teams will do anything.
Latest posts by cappers (see all)
- Odds to Win the 2013 BCS Championship by Joe D’Amico - August 30, 2012
- NFL Values on Over/Under Total Wins by Joe D’Amico - August 30, 2012
- NFL Odds to Win it All by Joe D’Amico - August 30, 2012
- 2012 Sun Belt Conference Football Predictions - August 23, 2012
- 2012 WAC Conference Football Predictions - August 23, 2012