Seattle Seahawks vs. Atlanta Falcons NFL Playoffs Free Pick
NFL Division Playoffs Pick
Date/Time: Saturday, Jan.13 1 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Atlanta -2.5
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Seattle is 7-14 SU in its last 21 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Seattle’s last 6 games when playing Atlanta
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Seattle’s last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Seattle’s last 7 games
- Seattle is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 6 games when playing Seattle
- Atlanta is 11-1 SU in its last 12 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Atlanta’s last 7 games
- Atlanta is 13-3 SU in its last 16 games
Seattle makes its second-straight trip to the East Coast after up-ending Washington 24-14 in the Wildcard Round last Sunday as a three-point road favorite. Life on the road has not been all that kind to the Seahawks with a 3-5 straight-up record and 4-4 record against the spread during the regular season. They went 11-5 both SU and ATS overall with the total going OVER in five of their final six regular season games.
If the Seahawks want to keep this magical ride going right into the NFC Championship, they are going to have to stick with the winning formula that took them this far. With a rookie quarterback in Russell Wilson playing the biggest game of his young NFL career, Seattle will have to run the ball behind Marshawn Lynch and shut Atlanta down with a defense that was ranked first in the NFL in points allowed. Unfortunately, it will be without its top pass rusher Chris Clemmons, who tore up his knee in last week’s game.
There is little question that Atlanta can win regular season games with a 33-12 record over the past three seasons. Its problems in the past have been in the postseason with lopsided losses to Green Bay in 2010 and New York last season. This contest is a chance to get that monkey of its back as the No.1 seed in the conference. The Falcons went 9-6-1 ATS this season and 4-4 ATS at home. The total has stayed UNDER in six of their last seven games.
All eyes in the Georgia Dome will be focused on Matt Ryan in this game. Atlanta will have a hard time running the ball against the Seahawks so it will be up to the fourth-year quarterback to make some plays with his arm. Ryan finished the regular season with 4,719 passing yards and 32 scoring strikes, but until he can play to that level in the playoffs the question marks will remain.
Atlanta was clearly the best team in the NFC this season with consistent play on both sides of the ball. Sometimes a team has to fail miserably before it learns how to succeed and that will be the case in this matchup. Seattle runs out of steam on the road against a Falcons’ team that finally decides to show up in the playoffs. Atlanta 28 Seattle 24
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013