Seattle Seahawks vs Carolina Panthers Pick
Date/Time: October 7th, 1:00 P.M. ET
NFL Odds from Betonline
Point Spread: Carolina -3
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Seattle is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Seattle’s last 6 games
- Seattle is 3-11 SU in its last 14 games on the road
- Seattle is 7-17-1 ATS in its last 25 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Seattle’s last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Carolina’s last 11 games
- Carolina is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- Carolina is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Carolina is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
NFC teams that are hoping to get into the playoffs this year meet in a critical battle on Tobacco Road on Sunday, as the Carolina Panthers play host to the Seattle Seahawks.
QB Russell Wilson finds himself in a little bit of hot water this week. The truth of the matter though, is that he hasn’t played as badly as his numbers suggest, and he really hasn’t had the training wheels taken off of him by Head Coach Pete Carroll. His losses have come in games against the Arizona Cardinals and St. Louis Rams, and all of a sudden, neither of those losses really look like they are all that bad when push comes to shove. The ground game will of course be the key though, and that means plenty of RB Marshawn Lynch. We are wondering though, whether “Beast Mode” is going to be broken down in this one. Carolina’s ground defense has been atrocious at times, but a lot of the yards that have been picked up against this 26th ranked rush defense have come on big time plays. The plodding ball carries haven’t always had the most success, and that’s exactly what Lynch is.
Carolina knows that this is where the rubber meets the road. Dropping to 1-4 will probably knock it out of the playoff picture in the NFC without a huge run, as there should be at least six teams this year that finish 10-6, one would think. Plus, there are already a number of crucial tiebreakers that the Panthers will lose for the rest of the year, and this would be added to that list of those if this one is lost. QB Cam Newton just hasn’t played well, and the argument could be made that he is digressing. He isn’t running as much, which is fine in our eyes, but accounting for five picks against just seven total touchdowns, three of which have come as a rusher doesn’t cut it. What we do love is that 9.5 yards per pass attempt average. His deep balls are largely accurate, but this is a Seattle secondary that has already held down some great offenses from making big time plays this year.
The home teams have won all five games all-time in this series, and there is just no reason to believe that that is going to change in this one when push comes to shove. It’s just too long of a trip for the Seahawks to be at their best, and we aren’t convinced that they are the better team either. Carolina 24 – Seattle 17
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- Mountain West Championship Game Pick: Utah State vs. Fresno State - December 6, 2013
- SEC Championship Game Pick: Missouri vs. Auburn - December 6, 2013
- Pac-12 Championship Game Pick: Stanford vs. Arizona State - December 6, 2013
- NFL Betting: NFL Matchups for Week 14 - December 6, 2013
- NBA Pick: Denver Nuggets vs. Boston Celtics - December 6, 2013