Seattle Seahawks vs. Washington Redskins NFL Wildcard Free Pick
NFL Playoffs Pick
Date/Time: Sunday, Jan.6, 4:30 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Seattle -3
NFL Betting Game Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Seattle’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Washington
- Seattle is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing Washington
- Seattle is 2-5-1 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Washington
- Seattle is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Washington
- Washington is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games when playing at home against Seattle
- Washington is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Seattle
- Washington is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing Seattle
Seattle battled San Francisco right down to the wire for the NFC West title but came up just short with an overall straight-up record of 11-5. It was also a very profitable 11-5 against the spread and the total went OVER in eight of its last nine games. The Seahawks were the only unbeaten team in the NFL this season at home but a questionable 3-5 SU (4-4 ATS) on the road. Given that they are the sixth seed in the NFC, their ability to play better on the road will determine how far they go in this year’s playoffs.
Another key to determining the outcome of this game will be the play of rookie quarterback Russell Wilson. After a shaky start, he turned things around over the second half of the season to throw himself right in the middle of the offensive rookie of the year conversation. Along with his 3,118 yards and 26 touchdowns passing the ball, he added another 489 yards and four TD’s running it. The real work horse out of the backfield was Marshawn Lynch, who finished the regular season with 1,590 rushing yards and 11 scores.
Washington was a worst to first story after knocking-off Dallas 28-18 as a three-point home favorite in last Sunday night’s season finale to claim its first NFC East title since 1999. The Redskins went 10-6 SU and were also very profitable this season at 11-5 ATS. They are 5-3 SU and ATS at home with the total going OVER in four of their last six games overall.
Their rookie quarterback, Robert Griffin III quickly made a name for himself this season and has yet to look back. He passed for 3,200 yards and 20 touchdowns while completing 65.6 percent of his throws, but it was his big-play capabilities that made him so dangerous. It also helps when you have a quarterback that added 815 yards on the ground to complement rookie running back Alfred Morris’s 1,613 rushing yards. It is this potent combination that should provide the biggest headache for Seattle’s defense.
In a clash between two hot teams that have a knack for finding ways to win games, stick with the one playing this game at home. Seattle is a different team playing away from CenturyLink Field and things could quickly become larger than life for Wilson in his first NFL postseason game.
Washington 27 Seattle 23
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013